Friday, April 23, 2010

Strive designs

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you
1 I LOVE to crate paterns, so I have lots of different images that will be making their way onto my products.
2 Photography is a recent obsession and I intend to add several prints to my store very soon.
3 I am AWFUL at naming products and coming up with design names.
4 My store is named for a James Joyce quote "To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield."
5 My store is brand new and still awaiting its first sale, but I am adding products everyday in anticipation of when some buyers show up.

How and when did you find zazzle?
I've known about Zazzle for several years, but initially only knew about the products you could make with licensed characters. I believe I located the site through Google while looking for personalized baby gifts. I have only recently learned of the wonderful opportunities for artists through a photography website I joined.

If you spilled coffee on your mouse pad and needed to replace it with a mouse pad NOT from your store, which would you choose and why? That's a tough one because I use a touchpad on my laptop and don't drink coffee, but after an ehaustive search I would go with this - It caught my eye when I was looking at products I had posted. I like the simplicity of the design and find it quite beautiful. (Also, the primary color being dark might hide some coffee stains?)


Do you have any formal art or computer training? Unfortunately, no. I am quite obsessive when it comes to learning new techniques and graphics programs though and have spent quite a lot of time working on my art.

If you could give every new shopkeeper 1 piece of advice what would you tell them? Frequent the forums. There is lots of great advice on how to set up your shop and to run a successful store.

If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt what would you do? Oh my! My eyes would probably bug out of my head and I would freeze. Then, I would probably repeatedly point at the tv and start yelling for everyone in earshot to come see. I'd also frantically grab for the DVR remote to record it!

List your shops:

strivedesigns's Store at Zazzle

Pick three designs to be featured:


1. Modern Bubbles Binder - Beige
2. Silver Flame Necktie


3. Fleur de Lis Ruby Business Cards

Editors picks




Spring Wildflowers stamp
Spring Wildflowers by StriveDesigns
Shop other stamps available on zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment