Monday, April 12, 2010

Miss 'N Nick Designs

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1 I LOVE food and wine and anything related to it. I even have a food blog which has gotten pretty dusty since I started Zazzling!

2 I am "mommy" first and foremost these days! 2 children ages 4 and (almost) 6.

3 I am third generation California girl and proud of it. I have a very large family.

4 I love to travel and especially love France and Italy!

5 I have written and illustrated 2 children's books which have never been published. I have several other story ideas roving around in my head too. I think that a writers have one of the noblest and most romantic professions. I admire writing so much.

How and when did you find zazzle?
In February 2009 I was really worried about money and during a boring play date with the kids started using my iPhone and Googling ways to make money from home and came across an article from ABC News with different suggestions, one of which was Zazzle. I did start my store unitl late May however.

If you had to pick a birthday card for someone, from any shop that is NOT yours, which would you pick and why? This is a TOUGH question!!!! I love so many things I have seen from the artists out there. Where to start? But there is one painting that I just adore and would love to have or purchase in some form. It is the

Colorful Butterfly Painting - Multi Card
by JUDERM


This card would be great for a birthday or any occasion. It is just SO beautiful! I want to find a reason to purchase it.

Do you have any formal art or computer training? I do have a fine art degree with emphasis in painting from the University of California at Santa Barbara. Almost all my computer skills are self taught. I sort of (ahem) fibbed about how much I knew to get some jobs and learned it all on the job. I have done graphic design and production for so many different companies from publishing to advertising over the last ... almost 20 years now! I am very good on the computer and find it easy. Well at least I find Macintosh to be easy. That's all I really know.

If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt what would you do? I would probably start jumping on the couch even though I admonish the kids for doing it nearly every day! That would be so cool! (Hey is there any recognition involved? ;)

What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle? Hmmm.... I guess it would be to just keep designing and working and treating your shop(s) like a business and then the sales will follow. Also the color thing. At first I was quite frustrated and vexed with the color choices offered from Zazzle. I did not want the text to clash with my designs. Learning that I could copy and paste the hex # into the color selector when customizing has made a world of difference! I couldn't do it correctly without that!

List your shops:

missnnick's Store at Zazzle


Pick three designs to be featured:

Children of the World Poster (originally from one of my children's books!)



New York Skyline and Couple Silouette (originally designed for a friend)



Chic French Romance Birth Announcement (originally designed for my niece a year ago!)


Editor's Picks




No comments:

Post a Comment