Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lisa Marie Art & Illustration

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1. I LOVE animals... but not creepy crawlies! If I had the money I'd probably have a whole zoo at the bottom of my garden!

2. I'm addicted to spicy food and the hotter it is the better it is. The burning is like an addiction. You're in pain, but just knowing that you're one mouthful away from victory is a real adrenaline rush! The downside of liking extra hot spicy food is that you're inevitably going to get chili in your eye at some point... been there, done that, most definitely NOT an adrenaline rush! LOL

3. Clowns scare me. Clowns and costumed characters... Barney the purple dinosaur freaks me out.

4. I have an IQ of 144. Sometimes, you wouldn't think it though!

5. I am a horror nut. I love creepy stuff and I live for Halloween. It's the only time I'm seen as normal... LOL! I have a 16" model of a mummy beside my computer. I have skulls, gargoyles, spectres, but most of all I love vampires. I'm obsessed! I blame Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but in all honesty I was obsessed even before that show was made. If it's vampire, I've got it.

Do you have any formal art or computer training?


I have a degree in Natural History Illustration & Design. The design part of the course involved a little bit of computing but not much. I'd say I'm pretty much self taught in both aspects as both painting and computers have been part of my life since I was little. I've had to teach myself Photoshop and Illustrator again after 10+ years as I was a little rusty. Right now I'm teaching myself how to use 3d modeling software so I can expand on my designs a little.

If you could have 1 design on a billboard in Times Square NYC for 1 hour what would it be and why?

This one - Why? Mr Cow is the first design that I drew in Illustrator that I felt was good enough to upload. That, and I wanna see what kind of reactions he gets.



What programs do you use to make your designs?

Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Painter and as I mentioned earlier, I'm looking at 3d modelling and possibly fractals in the future so who knows what other programs I'll end up using! .. Paints and paper... Do they count as progams?!

If you could choose any gift for your birthday from any shop other than your own, which would you choose and why?

It would most definitely have to be this one by novelconcepts -
Why this one? Ummmm... Did you read the '5 things about me' part? LOL



If you could give every new shopkeeper 1 piece of advice what would you tell them?

Read EVERYTHING! The terms of service, the help files, the forums. Download the product template files. Do all of that first, and it'll save you a headache in the long run. It's no good diving in head first making shed loads of products only to find that they aren't of a big enough resolution because you didn't read the help files or download the product templates.

List your shops:


Lisa Marie Art & Illustrations Store at Zazzle

LisaMarieDesign Store at Zazzle

Bawlingbunny's Store at Zazzle

Snapikat's Store at Zazzle



Pick three designs to be featured:








Editors picks

Missing You - Crying Bunny Sticker sticker
Missing You - Crying Bunny Sticker by BawlingBunny
More Bunny Stickers this one is just adorable to show someone you miss them!


Cute Whimsical Hedgehog Holding a Flower Mousepad mousepad
Cute Whimsical Hedgehog Holding a Flower Mousepad by LisaMarieArt
View more Hedgehog mousepads Mousepads i dont think i need to say more - just look into those eyes!


Sleeping Cat and Xmas Snowman - Medium stamp
Sleeping Cat and Xmas Snowman - Medium by LisaMarieArt
See other Christmas Postage this snowman actually like surprised by his furry little stole!!

No comments:

Post a Comment