Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mistyqe

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you
1 I won second prize in an art competition in grade 3 for a Rainy Day depiction. The winners got crayon boxes as prizes, the largest one for the No. 1 prize winner, naturally. I was too young to understand though, and I remember thinking, " If only the teacher had called out my name before the other girl's, I would have got the bigger box!! " Lolol.


2 I was designing before I even knew I was designing. When I was in high school, I got my first computer and started off making letterheads in Word, little flower images, etc.. which I would use myself to write letters on as there was no internet those days. Later in college, when I discovered Graphic Design, it was my Aahh, that's what I was doing moment!


3 I like making gourmet meals and arranging them creatively on the plate. I have to make everything look nice. Its a compulsion.


4 What I eventually want to do is design exclusive wedding invitations for individuals, completely customizing it to their personal tastes and personalities. And then design their baby announcements when they have them.


5 I hope I can continue designing even when I'm old and wrinkled.. I simply love it with a passion! :)

What is the best advice you can give a new shopkeeper? Don't lose faith. I have seen stories of people who say they went proseller in 3 months, Silver in 2 mths, etc. While I'm in awe of how they did it, that was not the case with me. From the time, I realized the potential and seriously started designing for Zazzle, it took me over a year to get to proseller. Well, that was without any promoting at all. So it was basically people who stumbled onto my store on their own and liked what they saw. Stick to quality designs, over quantity. I think people would prefer seeing fewer products designed to perfection, rather than one image slapped on all available product types. I know I would. :)

If you had to pick one design from any store which is NOT your own to give for a bridal shower - which would you choose and why?


I thought this was a really pretty pair of shoes.. simple and sweet.



Do you have any special training in Art or Computers? While in college in India, I did my Computer Programming degree on the side. After which I decided, I did not like programming. Found this animation studio, so I signed up for a 3D Max course there. It was fun, but I discovered Illustrator and Photoshop in the process and knew I had found my calling. Moved to Denver to get my art degree. I went to the Art Institute of Colorado for Graphic Design. I have been working professionally in the field for 10 years now. I have done some web design as well, but I love nothing better than print. I love paper, and inks.. yummmy..

How and when did you find zazzle?
Found Zazzle when I wanted to design my son's first birthday invitations. I was thinking of doing a pirate theme, and I came across Zazzle. I created a store just for fun, and put it on there. Forgot about it for a few months. until one day I suddenly had a sale!! That was it, I was hooked!! Though I have only seriously started adding designs on there for the past 2 years or so..

If you were driving down the highway and saw your design on a billboard - and you did not put it there - which design would you want it to be and why? I think it would have to be my Pirate kid.. he's special as it was the first in my Line of Chuckle Kids and was in honor of my first born.. he's my li'l pirate! I think it would bring a smile to people's faces if they saw it while driving. :))



Please list your stores:

mistyqe's Store at Zazzle
mistyqeweddings's Store at Zazzle
mistyqeholidays's Store at Zazzle


Pick 3 products to feature










Editors Picks






No comments:

Post a Comment