Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bluewren’s Treasures

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1 I love photography and love getting out and about with my camera, or experimenting at home. I’ve just converted the main bedroom into a studio. Now I’ve just gotta get my hands of some folk to model for me! The advent of digital cameras has made this experience even more rewarding for me, as I’ve learnt to use editing programs to enhance my images. This has also led to experimenting with other digital media. Over the past couple of years I’ve also been creating fractal designs, and I’m intrigued by the endless possibilities of fractals. Many of my Zazzle products feature my original fractal designs.

2 I’m a proud Aussie through and through. You’ll see in my gallery the start of my Australiana Collection here http://www.zazzle.com/bluewren08/gifts?cg=196507333082470849 Australia has some truly unique landscapes and animals, which are a photographers delight. My only regret is that I don’t have the time to travel all over this great country at the moment as my work keeps me close to home.

3 I enjoy baking, and then photographing the results... Hubby loves it when I’m photographing food because when I’m finished photographing he enjoys eating the props! In the future I plan to start creating Zazzle products that feature my food photography... so much to do, so little time to do it all in!

4 I love creating on Zazzle, and it has become a very pleasurable hobby. I’ve always been a creative person, trying my hand at many different things in the past. Unfortunately, most handcrafts that I’ve tried over the years never get finished, so it’s really exciting to be able to create, and market my products on Zazzle and see the results straight away! It’s even more exciting to see that others like my work and purchase it.

5 Looking ahead, I have a dream! I dream that a few years down the track, when it’s retirement time, I’ll have built up my little online empire, and will be able to enjoy the results, while having even more time to devote to my online hobby. It’s a case of being consistent and persistent - with my time and my creativity.

How and when did you find zazzle?

I’m not sure exactly how I found out about Zazzle, but I joined and opened my first store in January, 2009. After the initial buzz of creating my first flush of products, I let things slide and my store sat quietly in the back halls of Zazzle until suddenly I had a couple of sales, and that really did it! It’s amazing how those first sales really help you focus. I’ve since revamped my store front to what it is today... Bluewren’s Treasures now offers a wide variety of products which are growing weekly. Sales are coming more regularly all the time, and it’s exciting to think of the possibilities down the track. I opened my second store B’Dazzled recently, which is in it’s very early stages.

Do you have any formal art or computer training?

I have no formal training, although I’ve been a member of a local photography club over recent years. I do love experimenting, so this is the way I learn, both with my photography and with fractals. I also love trying new things with image editing programs and with Zazzle, and I’ve read many, many online tutorials. We have such a wonderful resource at our fingertips. Anything is possible.

What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?

The best advice I’ve received since joining Zazzle is to keep reading the forums. There is a wealth of information and help available, and when I’m at my witts end trying to work something out, it’s usually in the forums that I find the answer. Someone, somewhere has had the same question as I have, and other very caring Zazzlers have responded with the answer. It’s a great resource.

If you were watching the news and the man on the street interview was wearing your shirt what would you do?

I’d probably start jumping up and down and screaming excitedly and hubby would wonder what all the fuss is about! Then I’d probably try and grab my camera and take a photo of the TV screen for posterity!

If you had to pick a birthday card for someone, from any shop that is NOT yours, which would you pick and why?


I absolutely love this Birthday Card by Ceembee. There is something about the soft muted colours and delicacy of the rose that really appeals to me.


List your shops:

Bluewren’s Treasures

B’Dazzled



Pick three designs to be featured:

Curiosity print
Curiosity by bluewren08
Shop other artwork on zazzle






Editors Picks:

Visitors print
Visitors by bluewren08
Browse more artwork on zazzle.com - i just love the bright bold colors against the black


Romancing Swans Greeting Card card
Romancing Swans Greeting Card by bluewren08
Shop for another greeting card on zazzle.com - the swans are so pretty


Polka Dot Tie tie
Polka Dot Tie by bluewren08
View more Tie Ties I just love how it is random and patterned at the same time

No comments:

Post a Comment