Friday, May 7, 2010

RuralFrance

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you
1 I was born in the UK, but moved to France for the slower pace of
life 6 years ago, and now I'm working every spare minute which is
great, because I hate to sit and do nothing.
2 I hate housework, Zazzle is far more important and a good excuse not
to do any, and I have a very tolerant husband.
3 I've got far too many hobbies, but Zazzle is a great way to combine
them all - photography, gardening, horses and animals, and going out
and about.
4 I've never grown up even though I'm pretty ancient, and I still love
climbing trees. One of my favourite pastimes is poking around in rock
pools, but sadly I live at the furthest point possible from the sea.
As a child, I pestered my parents to get me a pony, but didn't get one
until I was 28 (I've never forgiven them)
5 I had my first camera when I was nine, and my father's friend taught
me to develop and print film. Art was the only thing I liked about
school, and when I left I went straight into graphics. Apart from one
boring year working in a bank, it's all I've ever done, but in various
forms - in civil engineering, a military college (slides and OHP
presentations), silk screen and offset printers, and 18 years
freelance.

How and when did you find zazzle?

I found Zazzle while I was attempting microstock photography. Since microstock didn't want any of the subjects that I want to take photos of, and Zazzle was mentioned in a forum, I thought I'd give it a try
- and I'm so glad I did. I only joined in December 2009, but already feel like I'm part of the furniture

What would you say if you were introduced to a stranger and they were
wearing on of your Tshirts?

What exquisite taste they've got! Perhaps ask them if they'd thought of a matching mousepad :)

If you were shopping for a new T shirt and had to choose from someone
else's zazzle shop which product would you buy and why?


A difficult choice as there are so many great designs. I love this one
Not only would it suit me but I can think of several friends who should have one as a present.

What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?

More products, more designs, attention to details, and promotion!


Do you have any formal art or computer training?

Since school, I did 'A' level art at evening school, and part one of City & Guilds technical graphics (perspective, architectural and engineering illustration) on day release, but then was made redundant from that job. Everything about computers and software has been self taught - I bought my first Mac (a IIci) in 1990, from an auction. At the time I was freelance, and having deadlines is a great way to make you learn faster! I'm still learning now - there's always some new technique to learn.

List your shops:

ruralfrance's Store at Zazzle

Pick three designs to be featured:

My beautiful Welsh mare


The French countryside


Hot summers in the south of France


editors picks


No comments:

Post a Comment