Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chef Catering Biz Cards

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you
1. I'm a former personal chef, hence my graphic focus.
2. When I was a chef, I couldn't find decent ready-made designs, so I became a designer.
3. In my spare time I make handbags; crafting is my other purpose in life.
4. Correction - crafting, movies, and video games are my other purposes in life!
5. My daughter is much more talented than I will ever be. Yay!

Do you have any formal art or computer training?


Afraid not - no formal culinary training, either - I'm just a do-it-yerself kinda gal.

What programs do you use to make your designs?


I use CorelDraw to create all the graphics, or to create the base for images "prettied up" in Photoshop. There was a period when I went out and got a bunch of watercolor supplies because I love watercolor paintings. As it turned out, painting is messy and it requires a lot of space and patience (waiting for things to dry, etc.), neither of which I have in abundance, so I developed my own kind of watercolor-like technique in Photoshop, and am pretty happy with it.

If you could give every new shopkeeper 1 piece of advice what would you tell them?


Don't be afraid to put yourself out there; I'm a good, not great, artist, but I'm out there, doing what I love and it's paying off.

What would you say if you were introduced to a stranger and they handed you their business card and it was one you designed?


"Dang! Why did you ruin my design with THAT font???" Har-har-har!

If you spilled coffee on your mouse pad and needed to replace it with a mouse pad NOT from your store, which would you choose and why?



from Retropolis_Travel. Amazingly great art! And my mouse tends to go about 186,000 miled per second!

List your shops:
chefcateringbizcards's Store at Zazzle
culinarynotecards's Store at Zazzle
Culinary note cards is being moved to CCBC, but will remain a Christmas holiday card shop.

Pick three designs to be featured:




editors picks



1 comment:

  1. Many thanks - I do love that tea one also, thanks for choosing!

    ReplyDelete