Friday, May 28, 2010

Crafty Corner

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1 I am very persistant, I can become obsessed with thing, I never give up on anything!

2 I have what I like to call a flexible or well rounded personality. I like everything!! I love hunting, fishing, camping, swimming, working on cars, playing softball, crafting, decorating, going to the beach, walking anywhere outdoors & snapping photos at everthing in site. Many would refer to me as a tomboy or just one of the guys. I am a pretty laid back down to earth girl. Basically I am up for anything when it comes to finding something to do or somewhere to go. (Except spending extended amounts of time in an elevator, I hate elevators, I am not afraid of heights and I am not closterfobic, I just don't like the thought that of falling or being stuck in one.)

3 My favorite products to design are invitations and photocards. I would absolutely love to have my own brick and mortar shop in addition to my online stores. My brick and mortar store would specialize in wedding invitations and other wedding essentials along with special event invitaions (baby announcements, graduations, birthday etc.) I would also offer event and party planning services.

4 I am a true Floridian, born in the horse & cow country of Ocala, Fl. In 2002 I moved to the South Florida area, Delray Beach and Boca Raton.

5 My family means more to me than anything in the world, I have a wonderful husband, a very handsome & heart breaking 14 yr old son, a beautiful 21 yr old step daughter and she has two entergetic and gorgeous little girls.

How and when did you find zazzle?


I first discovered zazzle in June if 2009. I was looking for ways to design & sell invitations without actually spending a fortune on printing and supplies. I began scanning the web in search of ideas to start my own business. I ran across a few other POD's first, but while reading the reviews and articles on them, I suddenly noticed a trend, everyone was talking about moving to zazzle. I had to see what all the hoopla was about, so I signed up. Never even knowing what POD's were all about, I started researching more. At first I made my shop private and just stalked the forum for weeks trying to learn and understand all that I could. Finally by mid July I started creating designs and made an another account for my first shop, "Crafty Corner". I loaded my designs and kept my shop private until mid August. I quickly became addicted. After making my first sale on Sept. 1, 2009, I knew zazzle was the place for me.

What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?

Have lots of patience and continue to add designs as much as possible, remember an online store is ALWAYS open.


If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt/your poster or card was in the set what would you do?
Scream really loud with joy and try to start recording it then call EVERYONE in the phone book to tell them!

If you could choose any gift for your birthday from any shop other than your own, which would you choose and why?


Choosing one gift is very hard for me, but I think I found one..


If I got this card now it would mean that was turing 21 yrs. old again, which I passed that milestone almost 11 years ago. I would love to be 21 again & its always nice to dream!! LOL!!


Do you have any formal art or computer training?

no formal training in art or design past my high school years, most of my learning has been through simple trial and error.


List your shops:

craftycorner's Store at Zazzle
custommoments's Store at Zazzle


Pick three designs to be featured:




editors picks



No comments:

Post a Comment