Sunday, May 23, 2010

LMHDesigns

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1 As much as I love Dallas, I would like to live in another US city before I kick off

2 I'm a pretty good cook

3 I'm also a professional actor

4 I love a good design challenge

5 I've lost about 200 lbs from 2006-2009 and taking that action is what inspired my first POD store (on another POD)

How and when did you find zazzle?


I had heard about Zazzle shortly after opening my second (other POD) shop but was frustrated by the interface Zazzle used at that point. After starting my arguably successful LMHBearWear line, I found myself needing larger sizes than CP offered and one of my CP mentors suggested Zazzle since they offered up to size 6XL on some of their T's. By this point, Zazzle had settled and found their groove and I was off and running. I started re-posting a lot of my CP designs on Zazzle and my third POD shop was born!

Do you have any formal art or computer training?


Nope! Completely self-taught

If you could send any 1 pair of shoes from someone else's zazzle shop to a 3rd world country as a gift which would you choose and why?


Oh wow. I have no clue! I'd probably send anything from a shopkeeper with anything decent and cool who needed the money from the sale as much as I would! Of course, knowing them personally would probably influence my choice...


What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?


You cannot have too many designs/products and tag, tag, tag! It's something I'm still working on, but right now I have a lot of catching up to do since my last computer was stolen in August and I just now got it replaced

If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt/your poster or card was in the set what would you do?


This is sort of happening to me right now, although I was give advance notice! Zazzle wrote me and told me that 20th Century Fox is using one of my sweatshirts in the movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". I haven't seen it yet, but given the whole back story of why my shirt was chosen, I'm pretty confident it's actually in the film. If I saw one of my designs used and it was a total surprise, I'd be on the phone the next day to the production company trying to get a still of the person wearing my product and start crowing about it all over Facebook and Twitter so fast...

List your shops:


LMHDesigns is my primary shop and then I also maintain

MBSProductions


ProsperosCorner (next on my list for updating as some links on images have been broken)

I have several more in the works that will launch in the next month or so, collaborations with photographer friends specifically not for apparel. I can't wait!

Pick three designs to be featured:

If you don't mind bending the rules here a bit, I'd like to feature an entire collection as one design as I hate to break up a set! My "Felt Christmas Ornaments" were all designed to go together and I can't choose a favorite. The Reindeer design was the one used in the movie.


This one is a celebration of my home town and a personal triumph as it taught me a lot about using Photoshop in the process of creating it! When I said I loved a good design challenge, this is what I was talking about. I was determined to make this line of Texas cities, inspired by old barn-side ads and it forced me to learn a lot about using the program in the creative process. Zazzle recently selected the skateboard version using the entire collection as a TBA.


My "Seal of the Office of Santa Claus" is a personal favorite - another one that challenged me to learn a bit more about Illustrator than I knew at the time.


editors picks



No comments:

Post a Comment