Monday, May 28, 2012

Dramatically Correct

You ShopID or Shop name as you wish it to appear on the title *
Dramatically Correct
Are you a Zazzle Proseller? *
Yes
Do you zazzle from your.... *
  • Laptop PC
What is your favorite design from your shop to create - even if it is not a best seller? and why is it your favorite? *

http://www.zazzle.com/spontaneous_singer_tshirt-235448917667235144
My favorite design from my Dramatically Correct theatre-themed store is my "May Spontaneously Break Into Song" shirt. This does happen to be one of my best-selling products, but the reason I like it is because it reminds me that I can find inspiration from anywhere for new products.

This particular product was inspired by a theatre intern that I knew a couple years ago. He was our local community theatre's music director intern for the summer, and he would spontaneously break into song at any given moment. I created this in his honor and it's a great selling item to this day. Since then, I've created a lot of designs that were inspired by people that I know or work with. They're the most fun and people seem to connect with them.

What sites do you use to promote your zazzle store? (directly or indirectly - such as sites you use to promote your blogs which promote your store) *
  • Wordpress self hosted
  • Wordpress
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Facebook pages
  • Mailchimp
  • Squidoo
  • Niche specific forums
  • Personal webpage
  • Pinterest
If you could get your item on any TV show - which item would it be and what show would it be on....and why??? *

http://www.zazzle.com/keep_calm_and_robot_on_tshirt-235150505290332525

This is my "keep calm and robot on" shirt. This shirt was inspired by the "keep calm" craze and a project I"m working on at work with youth programming and robotics. My past occupation was in theatre, but I did work in technical theatre, and I love lighting design and science too. This program we're working on is getting kids around 10 years old excited about robotics and science and that's exciting for me.

I'd love to see this shirt worn by Grant Imahara on Mythbusters. I think the work they do on that show is really inspiring to kids who are interested in science and math--important subjects to create a future workforce in our country. I know he loves robots and animatronics, and I think he may even like this shirt if he saw it.

Do you prefer to work.... *
  • Evening
  • Night
  • Late night
How did you find zazzle - and what kept you going with it? *
I found zazzle a long time ago, three or four years ago, and created one shirt--a Halloween themed shirt. I never did sell one. At first, I didn't understand the site or how it worked. I've sold on other PODs but when I found the writing website Squidoo, I got reunited with Zazzle.

Zazzle has a great affiliate program that's run in-house. You get volume bonuses and 15% of sales that you promoted. The linking features under each item make it really easy to insert products into your blog or squidoo article. This is by far my favorite thing about Zazzle.
I create images by... *
  • Designing them in the computer using rendering software
  • Purchasing others art and editing it to suit my needs
  • Creatively using text only
Please list your shop(s) url(s)


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment