Sunday, May 20, 2012

Diane Clancy's Art

You ShopID or Shop name as you wish it to appear on the title *
Diane Clancy's Art
Are you a Zazzle Proseller? *
No
Do you zazzle from your.... *
  • Desktop Mac
  • Laptop Mac
  • iPad
What is your favorite design from your shop to create - even if it is not a best seller? and why is it your favorite? *

http://www.zazzle.com/dawn_of_time_lime_gold_emerge_speckcase-176819427803836184

Dawn of Time – Lime & Gold is a fractal that I have created. I think the iPad skin is a great way to showcase my different fractals.

I love the golden white arc of light in the lower left corner - it inspires me. The march of blue, green, teal seeds across the middle both energizes and stabilizes.

The dark blue green arms whoosh from both the left and right at the top. They feel protective and nurturing to me. The green, yellow and gold pattern in the background is both geometric and natural. This enlivens and brightens the painting. I like it because it makes me happy.

What sites do you use to promote your zazzle store? (directly or indirectly - such as sites you use to promote your blogs which promote your store) *
  • Blogger/ Blogspot
  • Wordpress self hosted
  • Wordpress
  • Posterous
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • G+ (google+)
  • Facebook pages
  • Myspace
  • Squidoo
  • Linkedin
  • Flicker
  • General forums
  • Personal webpage
  • Pinterest
  • Other Online sites
If you could get your item on any TV show - which item would it be and what show would it be on....and why??? *

http://www.zazzle.com/counundrum_i_rainbow_woman_canvas-192068201774281075

Conundrum I - Rainbow Women is my signature piece that I use across the web to identify me. I use the left eye as my avatar. For banners, I use a swatch of the middle through the eyes. This mixed media collage let's people know that the site, shop, etc is associated with me.

Conundrum I is a fabric and paint collage inspired by quilting. The rainbow colored woman's face is created with alternating columns of fabric and acrylic paint, changing between light and dark.

The View is the TV show where I want my painting showcased. I think the hosts would like it - perhaps they would look at other of my paintings. I would love it if they would buy it and encourage others to get my work.

Do you prefer to work.... *
  • Late morning
  • Early afternoon
  • Late afternoon
  • Evening
  • Night
How did you find zazzle - and what kept you going with it? *

I heard about Zazzle from other artists as a way to put our paintings on merchandise. This is something I have always wanted to do - make my work accessible in a way that allows people to enjoy my work in their daily lives.

When I first started my art business formally in 1998, one of my goals was to have my paintings on items like mugs so that customers could look at my work as they are living their lives at home and work.

Zazzle has an incredible variety of things to put my paintings on. I thought I was going to have to come up with a way to do that myself. I am very excited to have shops where I can showcase my different kinds of art, all without having to create the merchandise first. I love that someone can go to my shop, choose an item and then customize that item as they desire. It has been great fun connecting with different people who love my paintings and then can go purchase them.

I create images by... *
  • Hand drawing then scanning them into the computer
  • Hand drawing then photographing them into my computer
  • Designing them in the computer using rendering software
  • Drawing them in the computer in an art program
Please list your shop(s) url(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment