Wednesday, January 5, 2011

LivingLife

Your Name - or Shop Name - This will appear as your blog post title *
LivingLife
What advice that you received as a shopkeeper or learned from trial and error - would you like to pass on to someone else? *
The advice I received the most was to keep uploading every day, no matter what it is. You need to keep pressing in and not be discouraged or defeated by slow or no sales. It takes time to build a store and a following, so you have to be consistent. What I have learned is that you may start your store thinking it is going to be a certain way, but it can completely change from the original design. You have to stay open minded to change so that you can compete in this very competitive market. That is something that I have had to learn by trial and error, and it has taken me a very long time to really "get it".
How often do you add new products or designs? *
Several times a week, but not every day
If you came into $100,000 tomorrow what would you do with it? *
Tithe; set aside some for savings; take care of family needs; and buy a new camera, lenses, and gear for my business.
What is the last product you added to your store? *
What would you do if you saw an actor on TV wearing one of your shirts, or one of your products on the set of a popular Tv show or movie? *
I would probably scream, put the screen on pause and then take a photo of it. I'd be on the phone calling everyone I knew, and then emailing a photo to all my friends and family and posting on FaceBook, Twitter, my blogs and my website. Needless to say, I'd be extremely excited.
Do you have any formal art or computer training? *
No, I taught myself
What programs do you use to create your designs? What do you like about them? *
There are quite a few that I use just once in awhile. But the main programs I use are Lightroom and Photoshop Elements 5. I'll be upgrading to PSE 9 very shortly. I haven't had any format training in Photoshop or any of the other creative programs so I find PSE to be the easiest for me to use. I have learned quite a bit by playing around with buttons and trial and error. That's the fun part! I use Lightroom initially on my photography because I shoot in raw. I find it gives me the best results for adjustments in lighting, contrast, etc. But from there, I pretty much stay with PSE.
Other than your own shop(s) - what 1 shop on zazzle created by someone else, is your absolute favorite? *
List your shops: *

No comments:

Post a Comment