Saturday, January 8, 2011

La Bella Rue

Your Name - or Shop Name - This will appear as your blog post title *
La Bella Rue
What advice that you received as a shopkeeper or learned from trial and error - would you like to pass on to someone else? *

I'm approaching my year anniversary soon and I've learned so much in the past 11 months. I have to say if you have a shop visit the forums and read them! I've learned so much from other shopkeepers and they are super helpful when you post a question.

I've seen on the forum other shopkeepers wondering what they are doing wrong because they are not getting sales. After looking at their shop I see they have few tags. Tags are VERY important when adding products. Describe the product to a "t"... think about what a customer would type in the search field to find that product.

Also you need to promote your shop... if you want to be successful you need to be dedicated to promoting... facebook, twitter, send out postcards... business cards. (of course I haven't done the postcards yet... maybe that can be one of my New Years Resolutions!)

How often do you add new products or designs? *
Several times a week, but not every day
If you came into $100,000 tomorrow what would you do with it? *
Sad to say, today 100,000 is not a lot of money but if I did get 100,000 "today" I would put it towards my mortgage and pay off any debt I had... I have a very practical side to me. That being said... if I didn't have to worry about my mortgage or paying debt off I'd go on a LONG OVERDUE month long vacation to Aruba. I'm a sharer at heart so of course I'd spread it out with those close to me and to a Cancer Charity for children.
What is the last product you added to your store? *
What would you do if you saw an actor on TV wearing one of your shirts, or one of your products on the set of a popular Tv show or movie? *
OMG I would call everyone I knew and post on facebook, twitter and of course the Zazzle Forum! ;)

Hopefully it was popular actor too but not one of those actors that only wears something once and then it sits in the closet. ;)
Do you have any formal art or computer training? *
Yes, art & computer
What programs do you use to create your designs? What do you like about them? *
I design everything in Adobe Illustrator... on the MAC of course too!
Other than your own shop(s) - what 1 shop on zazzle created by someone else, is your absolute favorite? *
List your shops: *

No comments:

Post a Comment