Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wildlife Art by Kathie Miller

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1 I have been drawing since I could hold a pencil. I would spend my days in my room drawing while everyone else was outside playing with dolls. Even though I have a degree in fine art, I feel I am completely self taught

2 I've worked in many mediums - airbrush, acrylics, colored pencils, pen and ink, scratchboard, clay, polymer clay, wood carving of life size songbirds.

3 I am an award winning artist. Winning awards in painting, sculpture and wood carving

4 My favorite animals to do are the big cats, but when I became a falconer, I started doing birds of prey. I found switching from fur to feathers was harder than I thought. But now I really enjoy doing birds.

5 I'm fairly new to computer art and have just started painting on the computer. I find it interesting but there is nothing like applying pencil to paper.

What programs do you use to make your designs?

CorelDraw and Corel Photo Paint. I just purchased version 15 and love it.

How has zazzle changed your life/lifestyle?

I was never into computer art or graphic art until I started with another POD. When they changed their payment structure I came to Zazzle. I was amazed at how the community was so friendly and helpful. I now spend a great deal of my time on graphic art and really enjoy it. I also sell a lot more here than I ever did there. Because Zazzle is free, it allowed me to experement more and open more themed stores. I started selling the first week with Zazzle. I now make enough money that I can afford to purchase things from my wish list.

If you could give every new shopkeeper 1 piece of advice what would you tell them?


Have patience. It takes a lot of time every day to get your store up and running. Find somewhere that your designs fits in and promote your work.

If you could have 1 design on a billboard in Times Square NYC for 1 hour what would it be and why?


Oh boy, that's a tough one. Every piece of art I do is like one of my children. It's hard to pick just one. I would have to say my pastel painting of the raven. It's one of my best pastels.

If you were shopping for a new T shirt and had to choose from someone else's zazzle shop which product would you buy and why?



I've always wanted to be able to draw cartoons, and S.T. Lewis really inspires me.

List your shops:


Wildlife Art
The Zen Garden
Pocket Pals
Vintage Urban
The Natural Gift
Art History
Art of Falconry
One Planet
Just A Bit Of Fun
Timeless Creations

Pick three designs to be featured:

Mustang Roundup -

Elephant Portrait -

Grants Zebra -

editors picks
Golden Eagle stamp
Golden Eagle by wildlifeart
Make customized stamps on zazzle.com


No comments:

Post a Comment