Saturday, June 12, 2010

jkldesigns

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you


1 I love animals more than people, with the exception of my husband, of course, and most of my family :)

2 When I was four I won a Halloween art contest, the best part was beating my older sister.

3 I once had 29 pets. (4 cats, 3 dogs, 2 ferrets, 1 hedgehog, 1 parrot, 6 finches, 2 lizards, 1 salamander, 8 rats, and 1 fish). I would not recommended this to anyone.

4 I think winning the lottery would be cheating yourself out of the climb to success, but I still buy lottery tickets.

5 Though most of my art is really cutesy, In my real life I'm a nerdy tomboy. I love star wars, lord of the rings, star trek and video games. And I married the one man who doesn't like any of that stuff. Sigh


How and when did you find zazzle?


I came across zazzle a few years back when I was looking to make keychains for my Meet the Mews website. I came back about 6 months ago after I realized how much work it was to create my own products to sell on my site. Designing for Zazzle has been SO much fun! I wish I had started years ago.


What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?


To not be afraid of my own style and not to give up.


If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt/your poster or card was in the set what would you do?


Gasp. Do a double take. Call my mom.


If you could choose any gift for your birthday from any shop other than your own, which would you choose and why?



Oh, I just saw this today and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I mean come on, does it get any cuter?


Do you have any formal art or computer training?


No, I am a self taught web developer so many of my skills carry over nicely to Zazzle.


List your shops:


jkldesigns's Store at Zazzle
meetthemews's Store at Zazzle
funnybunnies's Store at Zazzle


Pick three designs to be featured:

I really like my true love designs, this is one of my favorites.

Siamese If You Please Postage stamp
Siamese If You Please Postage by JKLDesigns
Browse all other stamps on zazzle.com

My sister has Siamese cats and I think they are the most beautiful and intelligent cat breed.


I'm going through a phase right now where all I want to make is holiday stuff.

editors picks


No comments:

Post a Comment