Sunday, June 13, 2010

moggy man

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you ...
1: I named my shop after a 1960s ice cream product character called 'Moggy Man'. I used to obsess about my Moggy Man t-shirt.
I didn't know where it came from apart from the fact that it was a hand me down. I found out years later that you could only get a Moggy Man t-shirt if you
sent 'x' amount of product wrappers to the company.

2: I came from a family of ice cream enthusiasts.

3: I can only think in pairs.

Q: How and when did you find zazzle?


A: I've made t-shirts in the past on a private basis (specific projects) and I'd been intending to make
some designs available to the public; so I sat down last week and had a look around. Thanks Google.

Q: What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?


A: Read the FAQ. Don't expect to get rich overnight.

Q: If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt/your poster or card was in the set what would you do?


A: If The IT Crowd, Nathan Barley or Sheldon from 'The Big Bang Theory' chose to wear one of my shirts then I'd have no problem with that.

Q: If you could choose any gift for your birthday from any shop other than your own, which would you choose and why?


A: Because I'm still in my Zazzle infancy, I haven't had a chance to explore other shops as I've been too busy creating products for my own. Ask me again, say two
weeks before my birthday and I'll send you a list.

Q: Do you have any formal art or computer training?


A: I started working professionally pre-computer/internet so l learnt traditional illustration techniques on the job. Having had that traditional experience, the migration
to computers wasn't so difficult although at that time (early 90s), a lot of traditional artist/illustrators were suspicious of letting a computer "do all the work". I didn't
subscribe to that particular misconception...

Q: List your shops...


A: Just the one for now - moggyman's Store at Zazzle

Q: Pick three designs to be featured...


I highlighted these three as they show some of the range of styles and I've developed over the years. I'll be adding
to the store each week so it will be fun remembering some techniques/styles I haven't used in quite a while...







editors picks

No comments:

Post a Comment