Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dazzle Designs

Tell me 5 things everyone should know about you

1. I am an Englishman living just outside of London.

2. I recently lived and traveled around New Zealand for a year. An amazing experience.

3. While in New Zealand, I met my girlfriend, who lives in Minnesota, USA (the coldest place on planet earth during the winter!!). I now spend most of my life on Skype, hugging a computer monitor.

4. My dream is to be a comedy writer, I am in the process of writing a sit-com script.

5. I love taking photos of anything and everything. It is so addictive. The beauty of photgraphy is you don't need to go anywhere special to take photos, your subjects are everywhere. I believe it's about having the creativity to make a good photo from what is around you.

How and when did you find zazzle?


It was my mother who actually found Zazzle. She came across it by chance and wanted to show me a product on it. As I looked at the product, I noticed the create/sell options at the top of the page. The rest, as they say, is history!

Do you have any formal art or computer training?


I have very limited experience in Adobe Photoshop from my school days, that's about it. I barely remember anything though. Recently I have been trying to re-train myself using a similar free program called Gimp. I can do very basic things with it, however I feel a bit like a blind man trying to navigate an obstacle course, as it takes me so long to get anything done! I need to lock myself in a room for a day with the program and force myself to become fully accustomed to it.

What is the best advice you received since starting zazzle?


That a LOT of hard work is needed to make a success of your shop/s. If you are looking to just put up a few designs and watch the money roll in, then think again!

If you were watching TV and saw an actor in a sitcom wearing your shirt/your
poster or card was in the set what would you do?


I would probably ask myself if I was actually dreaming. It's the sort of thing I would dream about (sad I know!). Then I'd probably send a SMS text to everyone I know telling them of this historic day. What a selling point to have on your site...Chandler from friends was wearing my T-shirt!

If you were shopping for a new T shirt and had to choose from someone else's
zazzle shop which product would you buy and why?



I love funny T-shirts. Anything which makes me laugh is always a winner.

List your shops:
d4zzle's Store at Zazzle

Pick three designs to be featured:


So many to choose from but I went for a mix:

1. Exploded Diagram Blueprint Tie: I am particularly proud of this product as I recently won a 'Today's Best Award' for it. Unique and quirky are words I'd use to describe this exploded view of a mechanical blueprint.

2. Cottontop Tamarin Monkey Poster: A picture of a Cottontop Tamarin monkey which I took in New Zealand. One of my greatest photos, I love it.

Cottontop Tamarin Monkey print
Cottontop Tamarin Monkey by D4zzle
See other posters at zazzle.com

3. Girlfriend Vs Football T-shirt: I like to use my shop as a chance to promote my humor and one example is this T-shirt.


editors picks


Boardwalk Paradise print
Boardwalk Paradise by D4zzle
Other posters on zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment