Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jerry's Sweet Store


How did you pick your store(s) name(s)?
(feel free to write up each shop name if they each have a story) *

There is a sticky thread in the Zazzle Everything Else forums that explains this in detail, I'll post an excerpt here. While at work one day I was looking at my Zazzle earnings and my boss asked me what I was doing so I showed her my store. It didn't have much in it at the time and was still called "Jerry's Store". Her only critique of my store was that "the name was stupid". She said it was all generic. So I asked her what I should name it. She had been on a huge Napoleon Dynamite kick at that time and she said "Jerry's Sweet Store". For some reason it was really funny to us. Anyway that's what I named it. I even made a cheesy generic banner right then and there. She probably doesn't even remember it, she was just acting goofy like always. This is why office jobs are cool.

What forms of advertising do you use online? (check all that apply) *
Squidoo
Facebook
Twitter
Digg
You Tube
Search engine submissions
Self hosted websites
Forums/message boards (non zazzle)
Top sites
Other blogs
Other sites
Other online advertising

How much do you spend monthly on advertising? (include hosting fees domain fees) *
$25-50

What are your 5 favorite designs from your store(s) and why?

(include the url to the product pages)
1. My favorite is Too Cool 4 School because it was one of my first designs, it is a little different from what I normally do and it was inspired by someone I love, and I like the design/model combination here at Zazzle.

2. My Starfish design. I don't know why I like this one so much, it is a recent creation. This one was inspired by my nephew, he went to the beach and I told him to find me a starfish, not thinking he would remember, but he did and brought me one back. Afterwards I created this little dude in homage to his consideration while he was down there having fun. All in all I think it turned out really well and I have fallen in love with it.

3. My Zombie. I created this dude one night after a zombie film fest with some friends. The design isn't necessarily one of my best but it brings back memories of a wonderful night with friends and he sells. I made several versions of him, even one for St. Patrick's Day but I like him best on the Keds so I will link to that one because I don't have a section or specific tag for this Zombie.
Zombie kedsshoe
Zombie by JerryLambert
Design custom shoes online at Zazzle


4. Doxie in the Snow. This one is photography. I like this one because it is a picture of my baby girl and she is sooo cute in this picture. Snuggle Bugs Pooper Babs Peebody Mackenzie.

5. My Obama Penny. The reason I have to put this one on the list is because it made me a ton of cash. I did this one right after Obama announced his candidacy and it bought my TV, the computer I am using right now (a nice one), a tablet laptop and paid my house off, not to mention it bought me and my friends lots of beers.

Do you have shops on other PODs? Yes - but zazzle is my primary POD

What other PODs do you use now or have you used in the past?
Cafepress
Printfection
Spreadshirt
Other

What are your feelings on...Clipart, Stock-photos, Public domain images, or other LEGAL to use free or paid images/photos...being used in zazzle shops? I use it as a foundation for my designs then change it, adjusting colors or adding to it with words backgrounds or other details

List your shops using the following format:
Jerry's Sweet Store - My flagship store for most of my designs.

Wondiferous - A gift oriented design store

Freakaloo - A paranormal niche store

Taxpayertees - A shop for my political stuff and for the upcoming 2012 elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment