Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Shopaholic Chick

Your shop name *
Shopaholic Chick
Zazzle to me is a... *
Full time job - with part time pay
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

Repeat this mantra - "I am not the shopper, give the shopper what they may want" - it is important to remember that just because YOU may not want that design on a pet dish, does not mean someone else may not....they may not be intending to use it as a pet dish!!! maybe they want it to throw jewelry in or candy...maybe you don't like your photo on a tshirt - but someone else may, maybe they don't plan to wear it, maybe they are going to cut the shirt and use the image on the shirt as part of a quilt....

You are not the shopper and you do not know what is going thru their mind...or why they like your image or that product....so offer it, let them decide if they like it or not...

Also organize by designs!!!! zazzle will give the shopper the option to sort by product type on the sidebar whether you like it or not....so when you organize do it by design!!! then the shopper can quickly see there is a matching human and doggy shirt - or coffee mug and placemat....shopper are more apt to buy multiple items if theya re on the same page and put in front of them...it is called impulse buying....the same reason stores put candy at the checkout!!!

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Skreened
  • Inktastic
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I doodled, took pictures and played online....i just didn't make money on them!!

Zazzle and other POD's allow me to take my hobbies and put them to use making some money on them.

I do also like to crochet, make jewelry, read, travel and cook....and I still do all of them!
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Illustrator
  • Inkscape
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *
I have Photoshop and Illustrator CS4, as well as inkscape and Photoshop 7

Personally I prefer Photoshop 7, I am self taught on it and I use it for everything, since it is what I have and what I know. I love it for it's simplicity in how it does things.

I use Illustrator to "live trace" when i do hand sketches and scan them into the PC, live trace will go over and smooth out the lines so they don't look scratchy.

Inkscape I use for doodling it is free and easy to use, i like it better then illustrator for many simple things.
Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - sometimes free, sometimes fee required upfront
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I rarely charge up front, unless the person wants a great deal of work, or has no general idea of what they want and I will have to make multiple mock-ups, that will not be able to placed into general sale in my shop.

I do not charge friends and family, and otherwise if what they want can be added to my store, i do not charge.
List your shop URL's

09-11-01 * Addicted To * Alien Nation * Anime Nation * Arabian Art * Binderific * B is for Birds * Chasing the Gnome * Clown Town * Dare to be Me * Doodle Speakers * Dragon's Lair * Edibility * From Santa’s Desk * Graduation Station * Jewcy designs * Just Sports * KiKi Kitty * Kooblees * Left Handed Cards * Occupation Station * Peace People * Same Sex Marriage * Say I Love You * Shopaholic Chick * That's my Baby * Triple Goddess * USA Loves to Vote * What If * Witches Wardrobe * With Love Always *


No comments:

Post a Comment