Monday, September 3, 2012

Tulsa Tees

Your shop name *
Tulsa Tees
Zazzle to me is a... *
Hobby that I wish would become a part time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

For me, there's a lot to be said for the KISS philosophy -- Keep It Simple, Stupid! -- that someone reminded me to follow. In my early online days, I created a design that involved a milk carton with a photo and fake nutritional information that was trying to make a political statement. I know, I know -- it made sense at the time! But anyway, the design was too busy and the text was too small, and a fellow shopkeeper told me, rightly so, that no one would ever read the print to "get" my satiricial joke if that design was on a shirt. Since then, I've shied away from "message" shirts that are too wordy or require too much work from viewers in order for them to "get it."

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
Before setting up shop online, I used to read more, I think, and played more video games (computer and console, mainly). Nowadays, I read books less, but surf the Web more to keep up with news and trends. As I've established an online presence through the PODs and various forums, I find that I actually spend more time online for everything. I probably still spend too much time in online computer games! Away from the keyboard, however, I enjoy photography and communing with nature.
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Photoshop elements
  • PSP (any version)
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I started out using Paintshop Pro, but haven't used it in several years now, as I moved on to Photoshop (and, occasionally Elements). I found Photoshop offers a greater degree of control than PSP, or perhaps a more straightfoward way of doing certain tasks. With each, I especially like the ability to modify images and photographs to achieve a certain look or effect that can be incorporated into a design. Although not an expert in all of Photoshop's secrets, I prefer it for the sheer number of tools and range of variables. Most recently, I've been playing with Photoshop's tools and features to "paint" digital abstracts and am enjoying that creative process.

Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - prepaid only
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
We are such a small operation, and our main designer/manager has a fulltime job elsewhere, so we do not often have the time to devote to custom work on top of slowly building out our online POD offerings. However, local sales and orders are something that we are considering getting into, but until we have more resources at our disposal, prepaid is the only way we could mitigate the risk.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment