Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Diane Clancy's Art

Your Name/Shop Name *
Diane Clancy's Art
How long have you been an online shopkeeper with a POD shop. *
5-7 years (2005-2008 start date)
What does "SEO" mean to you? And what is the most important thing you do for SEO? *
SEO - Search Engine Optimization - means to me a way to allow people to see my art and products. My art is mainly about colors, so I use lots of different colors - I look into my paintings to see what hues I have used. Also, I have special animal companions and I put the type of dog or cat to make it more likely that someone will find their favorite. So, I try to figure out how a customer would see my art - to make it possible for them to find me.
How do you promote your shops? *
  • blogger
  • wordpress
  • posterous
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • facebook page
  • linkedin
  • google+
  • your own website
  • youtube
  • business cards
  • flyers
  • pinterest
  • squidoo
  • other social networking sites
What types of products do you love to sell? *
I have sold one skateboard and that was thrilling that someone would choose my design. I am also very excited when I sell cases for the iPhone and other electronics. Mugs, posters and cards make up many of my sales and I am happy with each one.
How many different POD's do you offer designs on *
6
What do you enjoy doing when not working on your POD sites? *
I like to create art - that is my favorite thing to do. Networking with other artists and customers ranks high on the list. But even when watching movies (which I love to do), my partner and I are always talking about the film in terms of creating art or writing scripts. Visiting with friends is great fun too!
Do you prefer to work *
in a comfy chair/sofa/bed in silence
what is the best advice you would give someone just starting out? *
I would encourage anyone starting out to network with other POD shopkeepers! My sales increased once I got more involved. Folks on Facebook tend to be very generous. Also, I would really take the time to figure out how to lay out your shop - by image or category (it is much easier to do it the way you want at the beginning). Finally I would say - MARKET - get your work out there in any way you can!
List your zazzle shops


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment