Monday, March 14, 2011

Golden Oldies

Your name or Shopid *
Golden Oldies
How long did it take you to become a proseller? *
12-24 months (1-2 years)
What advice can you give to someone who wants to become a proseller? *
Work hard every day adding quality products and MARKET! MARKET! MARKET! Don't give up. Read the forum posts. I have found SO much useful information there! I couldn't have done it with out helpful advice from other shop keepers!
How many stores do you have? *
5-10
What benefits do you see for choosing this number of stores? and what do you recommend for others who are just starting out on whether to choose 1 store or multiple stores? *
One shop does ok, several shops give the shop keeper more opportunity to diversify their shops. I wouldn't put Tattoo designs in my Vintage store that would be silly. :) So I created shops that would compliment the items within. I think as long as you keep the quality good multiple shops are the way to go! Always add them to your VB totals as well!
What types of advertising do you do? *
  • Blogs (blogspot, wordpress, etc.)
  • Microblogs (twitter, plurk, etc.)
  • SNS (facebook, myspace, etc.)
  • Handouts (flyers, stickers, business cards, etc.)
  • Forums (groups, messege boards, etc.)
What types of advertising do you recommend for someone just starting out and why? *
The easiest of course are your social networks. Look for places that will allow you to schedule tweets and posts. Just don't spam people! Space out the posts about every 30-60 minutes! That's even annoying for other Zazzlers! I don't recommend pay by click adds. I've never had luck with those.
Not talking dollar wise, just volume & frequency of sales do you... (select all that apply, some answer may be contradictory based on seasonal sales) *
  • sell a good mix of all items regardless of price
  • have great seasons/months and horrible seasons/months
  • do well January-March
  • do well April-June
  • do well July-September
  • do well October-December
What product in your store are you most proud of or what product in your store is your favorite? Include link to product page and why it is your favorite. *
In my Golden Oldies store I'm most proud of my Vintage items because of the care I take in restoring each and every one of them. I take great pride in fixing all the little blemishes and restoring the colors so they are bright. http://www.zazzle.com/golden_oldies
In my Audrart store I have to be proud of my Evil Penguin as he's my creation and I love the little sarcastic guy! http://www.zazzle.com/audrart
List your stores: *

No comments:

Post a Comment