Sunday, March 20, 2011

curious_inkling

Your name or Shopid
*
curious_inkling
How long did it take you to become a proseller? *
6-12 months
What advice can you give to someone who wants to become a proseller? *
Get a domain name and website that operates outside of Zazzle. It's a lot of work but Search Engine Optimization is key in web retailing and it's free so you should take advantage of it.
How many stores do you have? *
1
What benefits do you see for choosing this number of stores? and what do you recommend for others who are just starting out on whether to choose 1 store or multiple stores? *
I want to start other stores, I think targeting a certain genre of interest is important to getting people to notice you and obtaining a lucrative market. I only have one shop now because after six years in this business, I am still building and learning. I came from CafePress after they dogged out their shop owners and have had to learn a whole other world with Zazzle. When I feel confident that I can produce designs, market them and make sales working with Zazzle, then I will open more websites.

I'm by myself so the work is immense but if I had my way, I would have several shops open to specific markets.
What types of advertising do you do? *
  • Off-Zazzle websites
  • Blogs (blogspot, wordpress, etc.)
  • Microblogs (twitter, plurk, etc.)
  • SNS (facebook, myspace, etc.)
  • Forums (groups, messege boards, etc.)
  • Newsletters
  • Other Free
What types of advertising do you recommend for someone just starting out and why? *

Stay away from paid advertising. I've spent a bundle on that just to try it out and lost my butt. Pay Per Click advertising seems like it would be a great way to go but I've done that too and lost big. Just because someone clicks your ad doesn't mean they will buy. Heh, I even felt like my competitors were clicking on my ads just to run my bills up.
When it comes to advertising, I've had the best success with just learning honest Search Engine Optimization techniques. It's a tough, complicated subject but if you can grasp the basics, you can see results pretty quick and without any costly advertising rates.

Not talking dollar wise, just volume & frequency of sales do you... (select all that apply, some answer may be contradictory based on seasonal sales) *
  • sell at least 1 product per day very day all year
What product in your store are you most proud of or what product in your store is your favorite? Include link to product page and why it is your favorite. *

Ugh, it's funny. I love a design when it first goes up. I think, "Oh yeah, man! That's freakin' beautiful! I'm gonna rake it in on this one!" Then a week later I go back and bash myself in the head with my mouse wondering why I even posted the design.

Okay, I just went through my entire inventory and have decided that this question is completely impossible to answer. If I had my way, I would trash all the designs on there now and rebuild them all from scratch. LOL

I guess if I had to pick one..ugh.

It Doesn't Have To Be Like This Grenade

I like it because it is a word art design. I'm getting into that sort of design lately. I think it's cool. Heh after a bit I will get bored with word art and go onto another genre.

I like this design in particular because it is anti-war. I used to be a straight up conservative, angry, fearful, war hungry even and then I started looking at all the money wasted, and the lack of success in anything getting done by fighting a war over it, heh, not to mention my son wants to go into the service.

It just seems silly to me. I think that's where my next site will go. I want to wake Americans up to the violence, war-infused culture we've all be brought up in. I want them to realize what I have and try to find ways where we can all just live, love and find happiness. Heh, pipe dream I know but hey, should make for some great shirt designs!

List your stores: *

No comments:

Post a Comment