Sunday, September 5, 2010

Veronica Hoffman


 
What are your favorite products to designs for? (select all that apply) *
  • Cards/postcards/invitations
  • Posters
  • Mousepads
  • Business Cards
How long have you been working with Zazzle or other POD's *
1-3 Years
What affect has zazzle had on your life in 25 words or more
Zazzle has given me a way to get my photography out there, get some feedback from a wide audience and even sell some of it. It has also given me a way to earn a little bit of income making products and working on a store featuring public domain deep space images that appeal to both my love of beautiful images and not-so-inner nerd.
In an average week how much time do you put into your shops including making designs, adding them to your store, advertising, reading the forums, doing other research or zazzle related work?
(estimate the average week where do you fall)
4-12 hours (35 minutes-2 hour per day)
What percentage of time do you spend designing/adding products vs advertising/working on referral sites (this includes blogs twitter forums websites and other means of advertising)
50-50%
What was your favorite design to make & why? (whether it has sold or not pick just 1 & include the link to the product page NOT the image link)

I would have to say that my favorite to _make_ was this one of aqua-colored glass gems:



I had a lot of fun playing with these gems and taking lots of photographs of them - they're actually part of a floating candle set, so I had them arranged at the bottom of a glass bowl filled with water. I discovered that the coolest thing happens when you look up through the bottom of the bowl: you can actually see the gems reflected on the surface of the water, so it looks like some are floating! I played with that, focusing in this image on the real gems, so the reflection blurs and makes a blue background. I also had some fun with Photoshop effects on this one, which I don't do often with my photographs.

How many shops do you have on zazzle?
2-4
List your shop urls 1 per line with a 5-10 word description after each
(use format http://www.zazzle.com/shopid - designs for people who love dogs)
http://www.zazzle.com/byrdgirl13 - original photography designs by Veronica Hoffman
http://www.zazzle.com/les_etoiles - deep space images from NASA's Hubble and Spitzer Space Telescopes
.

No comments:

Post a Comment