Monday, August 16, 2010

SquirrelHugger



 
 
;
What are your favorite products to designs for? (select all that apply) *
  • Cards/postcards/invitations
  • Shoes
How long have you been working with Zazzle or other POD's *
1-3 Years
What affect has zazzle had on your life in 25 words or more

Zazzle has been a life-changer for me in so many ways. At first, it was my intention to use Zazzle as a side-line fulfillment printer for some of my non-cyber type clients. I was very impressed with the printing quality and the easy customization tools that Zazzle offered. When marketplace and referred sales started to kick in, I was surprised -- and delighted! But the most impressive thing that happened for me has been in meeting and working with other Zazzlers. The other designers and shopkeepers are an amazing and talented group, and even though many of us are competitors, there is a cameraderie in this community that is like a family. Last year my mother fell very ill -- I had to take 5 months off from my day-job to take care of her, and the income from Zazzle during that time kept me from going under financially. I'm so grateful to the other Zazzlers and affiliates who were so supportive during that time and helped promote my store s ... they kept my pet squirrels and I from starving! Seriously, I feel honored to be among this wonderful group of POD people.

In an average week how much time do you put into your shops including making designs, adding them to your store, advertising, reading the forums, doing other research or zazzle related work?
(estimate the average week where do you fall)
40-60 hours (6-9 hours per day)
What percentage of time do you spend designing/adding products vs advertising/working on referral sites (this includes blogs twitter forums websites and other means of advertising)
50-50%
What was your favorite design to make & why? (whether it has sold or not pick just 1 & include the link to the product page NOT the image link)



I think of all my designs as "children" so it's hard to pick a favorite ... but this one has a special place in my heart. It was sort of a mistake gone right. I was practicing photo-editing techniques, not getting the results I wanted, then by accident I happened to overlap these two images and thought "hmmm -- maybe I can do something with this" ... it's turned out to be the background image for many of my best selling products on Zazzle. It taught me to never fear making mistakes -- just keep trying to improve on them and something good will come of it.

How many shops do you have on zazzle?
5-8
List your shop urls 1 per line with a 5-10 word description after each
(use format http://www.zazzle.com/shopid - designs for people who love dogs)
http://www.zazzle.com/squirrelhugger - Bridal, Birthday, Anniversary Cards & Gifts
http://www.zazzle.com/class_of_store - Graduation postage, cards, & gifts
http://www.zazzle.com/bachelor_party_shop - Bachelor party invitations, t-shirts & gifts
http://www.zazzle.com/inauguration_2009 - President Obama commemorative gifts
http://www.zazzle.com/boomer_humor - T-shirts, hats & gifts for Boomer Geezers

No comments:

Post a Comment