Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lindas World of Art

Your shop name *
Lindas World of Art
Zazzle to me is a... *
Part time job I would like to make a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

Don't give up.
Quality is more important than quantity.

Using photoshop elements was the best advice I followed, so far.

I have been a fine artist and graphic artist since 1976, so I know how to paint. What I didn't know was how to use a computer.

I first got a computer in 1999 and I didn't even know how to send email, so there were many times I just felt like giving up, but I didn't. I read numerous posts about using different PODs, so I can't recall every tip. There were many helpful people on the forums and when I got stuck, I asked questions.

I love the fact that I can paint something and either photograph or scan it and have it uploaded onto products for sale around the world! It sure beats dragging my original paintings, canopy, chairs, tables, display units etc. around to weekend shows, sitting out in the heat, rain, cold, wind and waiting for sales.

Lots of info is available on youtube and facebook, too. I am amazed by that. Maybe one day, I will make some videos to help others, but I am not quite there yet.

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I have many interests, including sewing, reading, gardening, grandkids, dogs, goldfish/watergardening, photography, learning about other cultures, archeology, renaissance faires, historical events, history, sociology, psychology, pet birds, wild birds, music, playing piano keyboard, studying different religions and spirituality, the paranormal, ghosts, spirits, psychic experiences, how to use telepathy in photography, attending cultural and art events.
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop elements
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I bought photoshop elements version 3 back in 2002, when I started at cafepress. Someone on their forums had mentioned it and I did some research on it, decided that's what I wanted, so I bought it. I liked it, it was easy enough to use, although I am sure I didn't make use of all the tools or ways to use it.

Now, I upgraded to version 10, so that took me a while to get used to. There are still things I liked about the older version, but I suppose I will have to adjust. I am still learning how to use it, by watching tutorials on youtube. I would recommend it. What I don't like about it is that they moved the tools and filters, made the background darker, made the text smaller.

Will you make custom orders? *
No
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
In the past, I have had more negative experiences than positive, so I don't do custom art anymore. People would want very specific designs, which I would spend weeks drawing and painting, then they wouldn't want to pay for it and I couldn't really sell it because of its personal content. Or, they would want to keep changing it, for the same fee. Too much of a headache. I don't have time to spend on that. If someone requests a design I already have on a different product, I will do that.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment