Sunday, August 19, 2012

alma's design

Your shop name *
alma's design
Zazzle to me is a... *
Part time job I would like to make a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *
"Spend 80% of your time advertising and 20% designing . "Though I love much more designing and I do not keep this so strict . After all I should improve as an artist as well .But sometimes when I feel down because of the slow sales then I start advertising intensively .And when sales are coming then I am inspired to create again .The other useful thing that I learned that I should not be invisible . Creating silently and not speaking about it is a mistake .I am trying my best to be present at the zazzle forums and showing my art and gaining inspiration by the art of others .
What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Spreadshirt
  • Spoonflower
  • Redbubble
  • Other
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I used to design for fun .I love reading and interested in the origin of languages , cooking , sufism , literature , hiking ,yoga , swimming .I keep my camera with me and take photos while we go out . I live in Qatar by the sea . I often take landscape photos and food photos while we are out . I used to do a lots of drawing portraits just for myself . I am interested in the human soul and found it very exciting spiritually to draw faces .
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Other photo-editing software
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *
pixia is free and has been old friend with me
I love making digital watercolors with it and I love what I can do with the colors here ... though it seems that they do not improve it .. it iis collapsing often in the middle of creation

sumo - I love the brushes the distorting tool to make patterns , manadalas ,,, it sometimes refuses my images .. it does not open some and does not save some and I do not understand why

Befunky is very nicely turning my photos into painted images... you must pay 14 bucks per month and the maximum resolution is not very high
Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - sometimes free, sometimes fee required upfront
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I am ready to make text designs for those who would like to have something special .I can create text in Hungarian , French ,Japanese and of course in English. You can contact me with your special requests .It is free in case that it is not time consuming very special design - just some special words ,sayings with some existing graphics .
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment