Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SjasisDesignSpace

Your shop name *
SjasisDesignSpace
Zazzle to me is a... *
Hobby that I wish would become a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *
Several shopkeepers have warned me that photography sales are tough. I can agree with that because, of the sales I have had, many (if not most) are designs that are NOT based on my photography, but rather on graphic design. I've been leaning more and more in that direction. It's too bad because my original reason for getting on Zazzle was to showcase my photography. I guess I will be looking for another venue for my photography at some point, but not until I am able to retire from my current full-time day job, as I just don't have the spare time for everything right now.
What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I work full time (non-Zazzle-related), and did photography and photography-related activities (editing, participation in online photography sites, etc) in my spare time before Zazzle. Since Zazzle, I pretty much don't have anymore spare time. It has become a part-time second job! I still try to make time for my photography and related editing, but Zazzle is addicting and sucks me in whenever I'm on the computer! Plus I find that if I don't do a certain amount of promotion every day, I would get fewer-to-no sales!
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop elements
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *
I use Photoshop elements, which I am used to, and which serves me fine in editing my photography. But since I've been leaning more toward a graphic design direction, I will need to find another software program to help me out with that, as there aren't the bells and whistles on Photoshop Elements that I need. I often used Picnik.com to make designs, collages and for fun add-ons, but since it closed down in April I haven't yet found an alternative that I feel comfortable enough to use. But I still have a few to try out, so hopefully that will change soon.
Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - but only for people I know personally
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I haven't really thought about this, as I am still a bit of a newbie on Zazzle (less than a year) so it hasn't really come up yet. If it did, I think I would make custom orders, depending on the circumstances. It could be for people I know personally or for items that are prepaid, or at least requiring a deposit or down-payment depending on the final cost of the item.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment