Sunday, August 5, 2012

Funcards

Your shop name *
Funcards
Zazzle to me is a... *
Hobby that I wish would become a part time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *
Organize your shop by design. I started out with everything organized by product type. After a couple of months I learned on the forum that it's so much better to organize by design. But it seemed so much work to change everything that it took about a year before I finally did it. It was a lot of work but really worth it. It's so much easier for my customers now that they can see in one glance all the products I have with a design they like. And with new products comming out it is also a lot easier.
What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Greeting Card Universe (GCU)
  • Imagekind
  • Other
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
Flash programming. I really love programming in flash, it's such a great program. I love making games, especially educational ones, or mp3 players, video players and so on. But I'm not to good at making the graphics. So I would love to team up with an artist one day who can make the drawings and designs while I do the programming :)
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Other vector software
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *
I like photoshop because it has so many possiblities! Especially for photographs that are not good enough or just not special enough to use on their own. Like maybe if you have a cute picture of an animal but the background is distracting, you can remove the background and use the image on Zazzle and let customers choose their own background color, for instance. I do find it a bit hard to work with sometimes. This is probably because I first had flash which works in an different, much easier way for drawing and fonts. And flash is just an awesome program, really amazing the thing you can do with it!
Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - sometimes free, sometimes fee required upfront
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I've made some things on Zazzle for friends / family and always for free. I'm just so happy I can make something for them. And since I know all the current discount offers, and with my own seller discount and referral fee, I'm always able to buy it for them at a real bargain! That's one of the things I really like about Zazzle :)
And for customer I'm also happy to make small changes or customizations for free. I also do the same with the flashcomponents that I sell.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment