Friday, August 3, 2012

Emele Photography

Your shop name *
Emele Photography
Zazzle to me is a... *
Part time job - with part time pay
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

Well I don't think I've received any specific pieces of advice directly about my work or shop from others but through reading the forums and squidoo lenses etc when I first started out, and the advice I still give to newbies joining Zazzle, is to keep on adding new designs/products and not to give up - The sales won't happen instantly it takes time and effort (yet thankfully no money) to sell items through Zazzle so just keep on creating and uploading good quality designs that "make sense" on the product and the money will eventually follow! Did I mention don't give up?!

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Greeting Card Universe (GCU)
  • Redbubble
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I've always been a bookworm but at the moment I'm rather into jigsaw puzzles so that's how I usually spend an hour at night - It gets me off of the computer, otherwise I'd be online 24/7! Before POD'S... I used to make handmade cards/gifts so would often be doing cross-stitch or something similar. But it's kinda hard to think back that long ago... I've been with Zazzle since about 2006!
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I am still using an old old old version of photoshop (7.0) but it still does everything I need so I can't justify buying a newer version - That would be one of the bad points of photoshop - The cost. Even though I've been using it for more than 5 years I still learn new things that I/it can do through reading tuturials whether online or in photo magazines, it's a never ending learning curve to use! I like it because I can "rescue" bad photos with it (to a certain extent) Whether I've got an under/overexposed photo or wasn't concentrating on the horizon and it's going off at an angle... It can all be fixed with a few clicks of the mouse :)

Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - no prepay required
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I don't state that I will do custom orders in my shop but if someone asks and I can do it of course I will. I had one customer contact me wanting a mirror image of one of my digital art posters of a tree which I created for her, and which she bought and was happy with :) I figure I won't charge someone for the custom work as it can go in my shop afterwards for others to buy...
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment