Sunday, July 29, 2012

martaharvey

Your shop name *
martaharvey
Zazzle to me is a... *
Part time job I would like to make a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *
The best advice I have received on my shop was on how to organize it using categories. First I looked in the Zazzle forums, but didn't find anything about it. Then I looked at a lot of different shops, and it seemed that everyone was doing something different. Most shops I found very confusing and they made me want to leave after a minute or two; I did not want my potential customers to feel the same. So I asked some friends I knew at Zazzle, and some of my family members as well, and finally found a way that works well for me, and I hope for everyone visiting my shop.
What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Redbubble
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
Before Zazzle I spent most of my time creating art, reading, and playing soccer. Now, I still play soccer (need it for the exercise and to de-stress), still create and read some, but seem to have less and less time. I have a more-than-full time day job, so working on my Zazzle shops can be quite relaxing, believe it or not. It is a lot of work, though, and I think it uses a lot of my organizational skills to keep everything looking neat and the best way possible.
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Photoshop elements
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I started working with Photoshop a few years ago, but I am not very proficient. My current version is Photoshop 4. As I create art mostly on paper or on canvas, I use Photoshop to work with the scans, change lighting, contrast, resize, and such. I have only created a couple of designs digitally, with Photoshop elements and a pen/tablet, but have not had much time to really get into it, yet. I have a lot to learn, and what I enjoy about both products is that there is so much you can do, and so many different ways you can create and modify your images, that I feel I will never really master it - unless this becomes my full-time job :)

Will you make custom orders? *
No
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
Truthfully, I don't know. I have done it for a friend and for family, and I loved doing it, but I know that sometimes it is very hard to get it right for someone you don't know. I did some custom work for a customer before creating art from scratch - not on Zazzle - and I remember it took many, many days of creating different versions with different looks, until the customer was finally happy. I was thrilled that she loved it in the end, but looking back I spent a lot of time, effort, and money for a $15 piece; it just was not worth it. It may be very different on Zazzle, I don't know.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment