Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flagnation or Flags of Nations

Your shop name *
Flagnation or Flags of Nations
Zazzle to me is a... *
Full time job - with part time pay
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

Good question. Best advice I have ever received came from someone who never sold anything in his life. It was my godson, and cousin, Patrick.

Back in the old days when CafePress was the only game in town, and you could only place one design in a shop, he suggested that I create several shops for each design. He further advised that I place the size and location of the image differently in each shop.

He told me that he likes his designs on the pocket area, but other people like them large, medium or small in the center. Some people like them on the back only. Others on the front only. His theory was that I would sell more items if people had more choices. So, I did as he suggested.

He was right. Gotta love that kid! Well, he's no kid anymore, but he is one cool dude.

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Printfection
  • Spreadshirt
  • Skreened
  • Inktastic
  • Spoonflower
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *

Before Zazzle and other PODs I spent my free time creating graphics for fun at www.ameriyank.com. Now, uh, what free time?

In the past, I liked to read, sew, cook and embroider. I once won an award at the County Holiday Faire for my embroidered Christmas ornaments.

I do like moves and some TV. Especially, science fiction. I am looking forward to seeing the "Avengers" in a few days. On TV, I love "Grimm" and "Eureka". Oh, and I am really hooked a show called "Missing", ex-CIA mommy looking for her son who has been kidnapped. Mama bear wants her cub back, and she can kick-rear!

Cooking is lots of fun for me, when I can do what I want and not pay attention to the budget. I used to make lots of cakes and stuff, but now that I have diabetes, that's over. But I still enjoy making the things my Greek grandpa made, pilaf, and veggies and chicken.

That's about all I have to say!

What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • PSP (any version)
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I use Paint Shop Pro 7. I have X3, but haven't quite figured out how to use it for everything I need. I love PSP 7. I know where everything is and exactly what it does. Trouble is, I run on Windows XP, which very shortly will not longer have support from Microsoft. It is my understanding that PSP 7 will not work in higher versions of Windows. Sooooooooo, I gotta figure this out. DARN.

I guess the reason I like PSP 7 so much is that I have used it since 2001. I know where everything is. I know how to use it inside, outside and backwards. I can even use it forwards. It does everything I need it to do for my work. I am very happy with it.

PSP X3 is not as easy to use for me. They added a lot of stuff I do not need and those things get in my way when I am trying to do anything. Plus, a lot of the basic things have changed and I can't figure out how to do them in the new program. Soooo, I have to find some tutorials and learn how to use them. And I am waaaay too busy for that. But I must before I get a new operating system. DOUBLE DARN!

Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - sometimes free, sometimes fee required upfront
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *

The answer is actually "sometimes" but that was not a choice. I have repetitive stress issues. And bone spurs in my neck and a few other troubles. So, whether or not I can customize something depends on my health at the moment.

But, if I am healthy at that particular moment, I will add any caption that is legal to any of my designs, size it however you like, whatever. As long as I am not violating anyone's trademarks or copyrights, no worries.

Usually, I do not charge anything extra. That is because I will sell the design over and over in POD shops. Now, if you want something that only you will ever have, we are going to have to talk. Then it depends on how much time it will take me to create it for you.

If all I have to do is add a few words to something, I probably won't charge you very much. If you want a brand-new image and a lot of stuff that will take me hours and hours and hours to do, you will have to cough up some more change. :)

List your shop URL's *

No comments:

Post a Comment