Saturday, July 21, 2012

Prime Vintage

Your shop name *
Prime Vintage
Zazzle to me is a... *
Part time job I would like to make a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

The first great advice was to learn how to use Quick Create. Without that, I would be lost.
The second was that everything on Zazzle takes time and I needed to develop patience - not always my strong point - and the third - that sales do not happen automatically because the products are sitting prettily in your store. Promotion and marketing are vital and I probably spend as much time on that as I do on creating new products. The balance between creativity and the administrative jobs involved in running a store is constantly changing from day to day - I suspect the perfect balance is almost impossible to find.

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Imagekind
  • Redbubble
  • Other
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I was always involved in making art of some kind and selling it in the real world rather than online. Zazzle makes a whole new opportunity to show the art to a wider audience.
When I'm not on the computer, books are my great love - reading them and writing them. I live on the the very tippy-top of a mountain so wildlife is high on my list of things to be involved with - especially the bears that live in this area.
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop elements
  • PSP (any version)
  • Gimp
  • Other photo-editing software
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *
My favourite software is PSP. It was the first one I bought way back when I first got a computer and I have stayed loyal to it for years. I like its interface which is really simple for even a beginner to use.

I also use a very, very old version of PhotoImpact which doesn't even exist any more but I keep hold of it because it has great fonts and a surprising number of actions which you would not necessarily expect from such a simple program. I guess, when the software eventually dies on me, that that will be that and I'll have to find something else to play with.
Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - prepaid only
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
As I said, I have always been involved in the art world and been prepared to do custom work but experience has taught me that spending hours on a piece of work which the customer then decides they don't want any more is a tremendous waste of my valuable time. Pre-payments make them consider more carefully before making an order.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment