Sunday, July 15, 2012

Myshelle

Your shop name *
Myshelle
Zazzle to me is a... *
Part time job I would like to make a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *


When I first started with Zazzle 2 years ago,I thought it was just a matter of slapping a photograph onto a design.My first was a magnificent rose in memory to my late mum.I did not understand about the correct sizing and I was to find out the hard way many months later,that this design was far too small and did not fit the product when a customer went in to customize,showing the yellow triangle warning. I had no option than to delete all these products.
I have since learn to check sizing and to create products by design which I had not done in my first shop.
The importance of good tagging and descriptions.
To promote your shop as much as you can.

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Inktastic
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I spent my time working as a Carer in aged care and my hobby was beading,but a workplace injury,to both shoulders stopped me. Then I found Zazzle,I started with photography and am now teaching myself graphics.
I spend a lot of time in Photoshop and Gimp,this is a big learning curve for me.
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Gimp
  • Inkscape
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

My favourite is Photoshop,I have a very old version 6, it has taken me a long time to try and learn the use of this programme, with help from my online friends and tutorials. I especially like video tutorials as I am more of a visual learner,there are many to be found on-line.I still have much to learn.,but thoroughly enjoy this.
I also like Gimp as I can load some great brushes into it.I often use both for designs.
I have only just recently downloaded Inkscape a free programme but am only still playing around with it. Without Zazzle and my friends there, I would never have even known about these programmes.

Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - but only for people I know personally
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I still do not have enough confidence to make custom orders for the general public,but will for friends and family.
I have made sets of business cards for my sister who is in childcare and since sold both designs on Zazzle.
I have made a mug for my dad for Fathers Day and also one for my son-in-law for his birthday. Both these designs too have also sold for me on Zazzle.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment