Thursday, July 19, 2012

Star Stream Design

Your shop name *
Star Stream Design
Zazzle to me is a... *
Full time job - with full time pay
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *

I really don't recall receiving any particular advice, per se, but I have found that a major factor in anyone's success is to never expect anything. Even if you are not in love with a design, that doesn't mean that it may not appeal to someone else. Always give options and think about the final use of the product. How can this design be used? Would there be another way to express this idea, either through color, layout or focus? Always be true to yourself and your style. Just because the latest craze may be graphic chevrons with a modern flair, that may not be your own style. Keep at it and find your niche!

What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Other
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
Before Zazzle I was pretty busy with my daughter, now I like to say "What social life?" lol
When I actually have free time, we spend a lot of time together as a family. I am a voracious reader and read almost any second that I have free. I also try to spend time at the gym since Zazzling can be quite addicting and is not conducive to ones physical health. ;)
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Illustrator
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I use Illustrator CS for about 80% of the artwork I do. I love the ease and the crispness of vector art. I have been using both Illustrator and Photoshop CS since their introduction and in fact, was a Photoshop beta tester. To say that I'm pretty dedicated to these programs is obvious. I am a trained graphic designer and a big of a typography-geek, so I love the control Illustrator gives me over typography. I find it much more effective than Photoshop in that regard. To recommend any of these to someone would really depend on one's graphic style. Obviously, a photographer would do best with Photoshop.

Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - sometimes free, sometimes fee required upfront
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I will do custom orders for free as long as they are a minor change to an existing design in one of my shops. It can be a color change, adding room for additional text or taking that design and incorporating onto a different size or onto another product on which is does not currently exist. Prepaid orders are obviously designs from scratch or ones that require more work and back-and-forth with clients.
List your shop URL's *


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment