Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Susan's Zoo Crew

Your shop name *
Susan's Zoo Crew
Zazzle to me is a... *
Hobby that I wish would become a full time job
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *
Several great pieces of advice really. Most important is to keep adding! Regular updating of the shops seems to be a key in bringing traffic in. Another great piece of advice I received for my zazzle store was to be flexible in promotion. If a new great social networking comes up, give it a try! Have multiple types of promotion going and do not rely on just one thing. If you only blog and blogging is suddenly not the "in" thing, you'll be playing catch up. If you do a little blogging, a little tweeting, etc, you've covered all of your bases!
What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Inktastic
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
I grow bonsai trees (well, I try too!) as well as regular vegetable plants. I also play music, currently bass guitar , in a local band. I do photography and art (which tie in nicely to zazzle!). I also have a houseful of animals. None of this has changed from being online on POD's, although I do find myself looking around for a photograph that might sell as a design when I'm taking pictures :).
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
  • Other photo-editing software
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *

I originally started using Photo Impact, which is a watered down version of Photoshop. I used it simply becaues I was familiar with it from my work place. No complaints except one........you can't buy it anywhere! I'm not sure why but I couldn't find it. Now I am learning how to use photoshop itself. Luckily a lot of the the controls were the same in PhotoImpact so I could start doing many of the things I was already doing without a huge learning curve. However, there is so much more that's doable in Photoshop and that's my biggest complaint-HUGE learning curve for the more advanced things!

Will you make custom orders? *
No
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
I've had many requests for alterattions on a design.......and a 90% rate of people not bothering to order anything later. I've even had someone ask me to send them the high resolution version of the business card I customized for them so they could "check around". If there was a guarantee of getting an order, I wouldn't mind. The few times I'll do them now is if its something I think would sell elsewhere.
List your shop URL's *

No comments:

Post a Comment