Monday, July 23, 2012

schmeer

Your shop name *
schmeer
Zazzle to me is a... *
Hobby that pays for itself most of the time
What is the best advice you have received from a fellow shopkeeper about your shops or designs you would like to pass on to another shopkeeper? *
Keep up the good work.
Keep the talent coming.
Keep us laughing.

I really haven't had any shopkeepers tell me to do anything different with my shops that I can think of. Just some custom requests is really all I get. I have tho seen other shopkeepers helping other shopkeepers with set up or needing to add or remove things in their shops. Even ideas on what products best suits their designs because not all products look good and or are not the correct shape for a particular design. It does make a world of difference as to what is used.
What PODs do u currently use or have shops on? *
  • Zazzle
  • Cafepress
  • Printfection
  • Greeting Card Universe (GCU)
  • Redbubble
What did you do with your free time before zazzle or other POD's....and what do you do with it now? *
Drawing portraits once in awhile was the best thing I did with my free time. Otherwise I rode my bike miles and miles when the weather permitted. Those two things are my passions. Now I fiddle around with graphic designs for fun using mostly Photoshop CS4 or pencil drawing sketches.
What programs do you use to make your designs *
  • Photoshop (any version)
Tell us more about what you like and do not like about each software you use, what makes it special. *
I use Photoshop CS4 which comes with ps elements. It is very easy to use for sure. I have a lot of fun with colors and many of the features included but there are so many that never get used. That is probably my own fault because I just don't need them or want to bother with.

The fact that you cannot really make solid/ perfect circles or lines is the biggest issue I have with this program. Because of that only, I would love to learn Illustrator and be able to maybe afford it sometime in the near future.
Will you make custom orders? *
Yes - sometimes free, sometimes fee required upfront
Elaborate on your answer above regarding custom orders... *
The requests in the past have been simply for different wording or a different placement or adding an image on another product are freebies. Creating a design may not be free if is for non - family members. I don't like it when the "no buy" happens after having done special work. Ugh.

List your shop URL's *

No comments:

Post a Comment