Saturday, April 27, 2013

Silbran

You name or Shopid *
Silbran
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • zazzle
How long have you been working with PODs? *
1-2 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *

I'm a graduate designer what doesn't mean I'm a good illustrator at the same time, so I love to learn and practice new techniques. When I'm watching or reading tutorials for Illustrator or Photoshop I think often: that could be a cool design for a T-Shirt, a business card, a phone case. POD helps me to turn "fooling around" into something meaningful. To learn something to just learn it is a good thing, but I feel more motivated to learn something when I can make "more" out of it and feel inspired for products. Every time someone buys at least a postcard from me I feel insanely excited that someone loved my artwork so much that he or she spends money for it. If I ever win big money in a lottery I will buy Zazzle. Or have my own POD place because I would love to have my own manufacturing company.

How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
under 5 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

Life isn't fair. We all must find a way to get over it and still go our way. POD is about creating good designs, but this will not guarantee you will be found in the ocean of good and bad products. So what to do? Making an honest decision based on facts can be very helpful for motivation and success. Indifference drains energy and leads to frustration as much as wishful thinking that never comes true. What I found really helpful is reading biographies. The stories of well-known people seemingly living in easy circumstances being famous and rich turn out to be stories full of setbacks and failings. If it is a honest biography and well written it shows you that "all others" did not do much better than you out of pure luck (though luck is a component in success) - it is because they did not stop developing after they struggled or made mistakes. Sometimes we feel weak and inferior thinking all other people in the world are better th an we. But in all biographies written about people that really have to say interesting things about life you will find that once or more often in their lives they had to make decisions and felt insecure or suffered from failure and disappointment. This should teach us being more realistic with our expectations and patient and persistent with our development. Often we do see a successful person being on "level Q" in their development and we immediately want to be also on "level Q" while in fact we are on "level D". But to go from D to Z we need to do the necessary steps from D to E to F ... We need to be more realistic and appreciate small success and doing the necessary steps on our path.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • Yes, Formal - Graphic Arts
  • Yes, Formal - web design
  • Yes, Formal - computer related services
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:

No comments:

Post a Comment