Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lynne Reichhart

You name or Shopid *
Lynne Reichhart
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • fine art america
How long have you been working with PODs? *
3-4 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *
I love seeing my designs on all the great products available. Who would have thought I could have my artwork on sneakers (when Zazzle carried Ked's shoes). I own a pair that I get lots of compliments on! Also, who doen't love having someone else do all the printing and shipping for you? Not to mention dealing with the customer questions and issues :)
I am really looking forward to getting to the point where I am selling consistently. I just had my best holiday season ever so that has given me a reason to keep going. Bring it on!
How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
5-10 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

Just keep at it. I takes time and lots of work to get there. You need many designs in your shop to help you get seen. I am a traditional artist that hand paints my work. I may take weeks to finish a painting so it has been slow going for me. I just keep going and add designs as I finish them. My sales have been steadiy picking up.
I have also found that Facebook and Twitter have been very helpful to get my work seen. The key is to engage your potential customers. Don't just spam them with tweets about new products and designs. Converse with them and get to know them. In my case, art is a personal thing and folks like to feel connected to the artist before shelling out their hard earned money. Just to show you the power of twitter - after I tweet a new piece or product, I can see the views increase almost immediatley.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • Yes, Formal - computer related services
  • Yes, informal/community course - art
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:

No comments:

Post a Comment