Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sam Stormborn Ormandy, my shop is called Alternative Enchantments

You name or Shopid *
Sam Stormborn Ormandy, my shop is called Alternative Enchantments
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • zazzle
How long have you been working with PODs? *
3-6 months
What is the best thing about working with PODs *

At the moment I only have a Zazzle account. I don't yet use any other PODs, but plan to expand in time onto other platforms.

Zazzle organises the printing, packaging and posting of all the products which leaves me the time to create the artwork and designs.
There is no need to invest in any stock so you can start your online store with none of the initial costs of starting your own business. The only things you need are the time and passion for creating art and designs that you love!

Zazzle also has a wide variety of different products so that you're not limited to one type of merchandise; it might otherwise be difficult or not possible for an individual to obtain the products to print on due to having to buy stock in bulk. You don't need to buy any printing equipment which is very expensive and you also don't have to worry anything breaking down when you most need to use it.

Another thing that I really like is that I get to create designs that I can personally enjoy having around my home. Many of my designs have been created for my wonderful girlfriend and they go really well with our decor! ♥

How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
60+hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

If they were struggling for inspiration, I'd recommend going out for a walk and taking photos of things that sparks their imagination which is what I do. It's not just about the inspiration, it's also good to get out and get some exercise!

Try to create a well balanced routine, get organised and be pro-active every day. Set aside the days that you want to have off and make sure you do something to help you relax for a couple of hours every day.

From what I've read, the most successful people are the ones who are extremely passionate about what they do. If you love what you're doing, you have to find a way of making it work for you!

Search Facebook and other social networks for Zazzle, Cafe Press, Spreadshirt, RedBubble etc. Join multiple groups on Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus. Learn from what others are doing; when you become a POD artist or designer, you're also becoming part of a huge community of creative people and there are many who can help and give you good advice.
The greatest difficulty that I've found is asking for help - that is my weakness, don't make it yours!

Many people who join a POD expect to make money straight away - unfortunately that's not possible. You need to learn how to promote yourself first. When you join a POD you should think "I'm starting an online business." Every business takes time and hard work to build. It is my personal goal to be making a part time living by the end of 2013 and that may be a little optimistic, however, what I do manage to achieve by the end of this year can then be built upon next year!

Most importantly:
Don't give up - keep on going, keep struggling, keep fighting and remember that you are the person who controls your destiny!

Only you can make it happen!

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • Yes, Formal - Graphic Arts
  • Yes, Formal - web design
  • No - I am self taught
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:

No comments:

Post a Comment