Saturday, May 4, 2013

Diane Clancy's Fractals

You name or Shopid *
Diane Clancy's Fractals
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • imagekind
  • greeting card universe
  • redbubble
  • inktastic
  • fine art america
How long have you been working with PODs? *
4-6 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *

I love seeing my art on merchandise!! When I first envisioned being in business back in the 1990s my goal was to have my art available to people in their everyday life. Last year I realized that I had accomplished my dreams by working with PODs - that puts my Art into everyday life! I am so very excited that 100s of people see me through products - I love that!!

The other part I really enjoy about working with PODs is the connection with other shopkeepers!! I have been helped so much by the generosity of other folks who do PODs. There are many kind and helpful people.

And of course the other wonderful thing is to be having money come to me through my art!! I would love to be able to really increase my ability to get my work out .. which means an increase in sales.

How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
40-50 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

When I first started online marketing (Etsy), I was told to network with other shopkeepers. Of course, I went it alone. I did have one sale. Once I started to network, I began to sell.

Then I moved to CafePress and did not network. I sold some stuff but not a lot. Once I went to Zazzle, I had sales of one card sold several times to the same customer.

After I began networking with other shopkeepers in FaceBook, I learned a whole lot more about PODs, selling and marketing! I would really recommend networking with others who are selling!

They understand the struggles - and successes - and are an incredible resource. It is so amazing to work with others from around the world. One is going to sleep as another wakes up ... almost always someone is around to ask questions and bounce ideas off of.

I give this advice that I haven't followed - choose where you want to focus (especially to start), instead of spreading yourself too thin. Look and decide where to start and then put your toe in :)

Big tip!! You never know who will like what - so don't throw your product away ... it just might sell!

Tagging is a really big deal. Luckily there is a lot of information out there - that I am still trying to digest. Tagging (besides marketing) is a lot of how your products are found.

Enjoy looking at your work!! Most of all - Have Fun!!

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • Yes, Formal - Art
  • No - I am self taught
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:

No comments:

Post a Comment