Saturday, May 18, 2013

Awesome Palette

You name or Shopid *
Awesome Palette
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • imagekind
  • greeting card universe
  • redbubble
  • society6
  • fine art america
How long have you been working with PODs? *
1-2 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *
It's a distraction from life's other issues and gives me the opportunity to be in touch with other PODers. Exchanging ideas and receiving valuable feedback along with solutions to problems has been an extremely positive experience.

Belonging to several POD groups on Face Book has enabled me to stay in touch with the POD "gurus" who freely offer their advice and services and maintain a friendly community for all participants.

Although it has been frustrating to this point I keep on "trucking" in the hopes that one day someone will actually like my designs and buy something. That's when I will cheer!
How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
20-30 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *
No words immediately come to mind as I find myself in that "struggling" position and in need of motivation to keep me from throwing in the towel all together.

It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to address the topic of motivation particularly if one finds oneself in a situation where self motivation is at an all time low and discouragement sets in to cloud the issue.

I like to think that I possess a fairly high degree of self motivation and I guess that in the long run, when I think I'm at the bottom of the pit and feel I'm getting no where, I suddenly get inspired and begin to turn things around and climb out of the pit. That's when I disappear from sight (and the POD boards) and get cracking on creating new designs, resizing images, and uploading to the various shops I have online. And that's when I say to myself: Maybe this new design or image will have a positive impact and get noticed. So I'm off on a new tack!

But... then there's the promotion factor, and that's another story! Everything takes a lot of time and effort.


Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • No - I am self taught
  • No - I have no clue how I stumble through
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:


No comments:

Post a Comment