Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tulsa Tees

You name or Shopid *
Tulsa Tees
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
How long have you been working with PODs? *
6-8 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *

Being able to focus on creative processes rather than the mechanics of inventory and production allows more time to develop new skills and ideas for quality designs. That's not to say, of course, that every design I produce is a Rembrandt! LOL But that only underscores another advantage of working with PODs: you aren't limited to only uploading the designs you know are awesome; you can also post the stuff that you're not too sure about, since a) chances are that someone may find it to be just what they are looking for, and b) the additional designs don't require you to stock any more physical inventory than you do for your best-sellers -- which is... none!

How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
5-10 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

Do. Not. Give. Up.

Sales grow slowly. Be persistent. While waiting for your first sale, or your first hundred sales, keep adding new designs, since the more products you have, the more chances a shopper will have to run into you in their search results. And keep refining your tags and descriptions for keywords that fit.

As you expand your and improve your shop, ask yourself a few questions:

1) What are the search terms (keywords) that I imagine shoppers were using if my shop/product appeared in their results and it was exactly what they had hoped to find?

2) Can I improve the appearance of designs by getting rid of pixelated or jagged edges, or by re-sizing or rotating designs to make them fit better?

3) Do my designs work on dark fabrics, or are there gradients and fuzzy edges where the white "base coat" layer is going to show through? Should I maybe make a second version of some designs for specific use on dark fabrics and upload it, too?

4) Are my descriptions too short and, well... non-descriptive? Can I embellish my descriptions so they engage the shopper, describe why a shopper would like the products, and especially so that as many of my tags/keywords as possible are incorporated into the description?

5) Are there any new products that I need to go back and put my designs on?

6) Am I charging too much for some products? If I look around the marketplace, are my products higher than the average price for similar products?

7) Should I always be positive and never give up?

While the answers to Questions 1-6 are dependent on your individual designs and storefront, the answer to Question 7 is most obviously a resounding Yes!

For POD people, there is always work to be done!

Good luck.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • Yes, Formal - computer related services
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:

No comments:

Post a Comment