Thursday, July 8, 2010

sweasel



 
 
What are your favorite products to designs for? (select all that apply) *
  • T-Shirts
  • Something else
How long have you been working with Zazzle or other POD's *
6-12 months
What affect has zazzle had on your life in 25 words or more
I've been an illustrator for thirty years or more, sometimes freelance, sometimes working in a corporate art department. I've spent all that time trying to get at, understand and correctly render the picture in somebody else's head. Zazzle is the first opportunity I've had to draw whatever the heck I want, and customers can buy it. Or not. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, I don't need to hear about it. That. Is. BLISS.

It still remains to be seen if I can make enough of a living to keep at this, but I have to try. It's just too much fun.
In an average week how much time do you put into your shops including making designs, adding them to your store, advertising, reading the forums, doing other research or zazzle related work?
(estimate the average week where do you fall)
4-12 hours (35 minutes-2 hour per day)
What percentage of time do you spend designing/adding products vs advertising/working on referral sites (this includes blogs twitter forums websites and other means of advertising)
50-50%
What was your favorite design to make & why? (whether it has sold or not pick just 1 & include the link to the product page NOT the image link)

This:

Because I was just doodling around trying to come up with an icon design for a "dark humor" category and someone said, "that would make a great t-shirt!"

I was working at icon size, so I had to do some fancy footwork to get it up to t-shirt size without falling apart. I'm particularly proud of the "nasty corroded bone" texture, with I got by an unholy mixture of alpha channels, noise and...eh, you don't want to know. I'm also proud of how quickly I whipped it out, as I am generally a very uneconomically slow worker.

Afterwards, of course, I checked the marketplace and discovered I was FAR from the first person to have that idea. But I still like mine best.

How many shops do you have on zazzle?
2-4
List your shop urls 1 per line with a 5-10 word description after each
(use format http://www.zazzle.com/shopid - designs for people who love dogs)
http://www.zazzle.com/sweasel -- conservative politics with a messed up sense of humor
http://www.zazzle.com/catflap -- Cats. Chickens. Other cute animals.
http://www.zazzle.com/auntieweasel -- Geocaching! (Google it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment