Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pixie Stick

 
 
 
How did you pick your store(s) name(s)?
(feel free to write up each shop name if they each have a story) *
The name of my store is The Shy Muse. I picked the name because I'm a bit of an introvert...though considered more reserved than shy. According to the Carl Jung Personality Test I'm a INFJ.
INFJ's are the most rare of all the personalities and are known for being intuitive, creative...and yes, introverted. Creatively, I'm very inspired from so many things around me that I find myself writing down or sketching ideas everyday. I have a special sketch book dedicated to just these inspirational ideas. It can be as simple as a blade of grass to the colors of an exotic fish. I suppose the world is my muse.
What forms of advertising do you use online? (check all that apply) *
  • Twitter
  • Other social networking sites
How much do you spend monthly on advertising? (include hosting fees domain fees) *
$0
What are your 5 favorite designs from your store(s) and why?
(include the url to the product pages)


This design has a more sentimental connection because the image was my first vector design. I was so proud of how it came out - and even better, it received a Today's Best Award. I love the classic look combined with a touch of trend.


I love this mousepad, just because I have always loved feathers and absolutely love the colors in this image. So rich and vivid. I don't know why , but it reminds me of something Ralph Lauren would have in his home. I just ordered it last week for myself. It also comes in greeting cards and stickers.

Philosophy of the Mind Mousepad mousepad
Philosophy of the Mind Mousepad by pixiestick
Create your own mousemats with zazzle.com

This is a Photoshop illustration. It also received a Today's Best Award in the poster. I was thrilled, because there was a lot of work in this piece and something I had not tried before. It's called Philosophy of the Mind. The illustration also comes on notecards, t-shirts, mugs and posters. My 19 old son ask for the mousepad. He said it was so "sick". I guess that is a good thing.

I love this one because there is something unique and mysterious about it. It's an inspired illustration of the Tiger Moth. I think it makes a really cool t-shirt. I ordered a set of the mugs with the linen background. They came out great!


I love anything that sparkles...and I love how this image of sequins shines. It almost looks like the real thing. I photographed it with many different lighting environments and times of day to get the perfect look. I was very happy with the final result. The invitation makes for a great New Years Eve Party invite as well as a disco theme invite. It also comes in stickers and greeting cards.

Do you have shops on other PODs?
No - Zazzle is my 1st & only POD
What other PODs do you use now or have you used in the past?
  • None
What are your feelings on...Clipart, Stock-photos, Public domain images, or other LEGAL to use free or paid images/photos...being used in zazzle shops?
I do not use it but if it helps other people they should use it - not everyone is an artist
List your shops using the following format:
http://www.zazzle.com/shopid - Shop Name - short description of shop *
http://www.zazzle.com/pixiestick* - The Shy Muse
A place where you will find a variety of stylish and unique gift ideas, invitations, greeting cards and more.
http://www.zazzle.com/sm_business_cards* - SM Business Cards
An eclectic collection of uniquely designed business cards. Elegant, simple and understated, but with a bold touch and vibrant sense of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment