Wednesday, July 7, 2010

PR Prints



 
 
 
How did you pick your store(s) name(s)?
(feel free to write up each shop name if they each have a story) *

I've always loved taking pictures, and since I live in an incredibly beautiful and rugged place (Newfoundland, Canada), I have compiled a collection of scenic photography that I wanted to share. Several years ago, I decided to start offering some of my photographs as prints. Not being nearly as creative with naming as I was with the camera, the name I settled on was based on my initials and products - PR Prints.

When I discovered Zazzle, it opened up a whole new world of opportunities to not only do prints, but expand to giftware featuring photographs and other designs, largely based on my photography. However, I decided to keep the name I had already been promoting and just watch it grow.

What forms of advertising do you use online? (check all that apply) *
  • Squidoo
  • Blogger/blogspot
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Forums/message boards (non zazzle)
  • Post in zazzles "ideas" forum
  • Other online advertising
How much do you spend monthly on advertising? (include hosting fees domain fees) *
$0
What are your 5 favorite designs from your store(s) and why?
(include the url to the product pages)

Mystical Cove Poster -

- I was lucky enough to happen across this scene while hiking out to a bird sanctuary a few hours' drive from my home. The effect of the fog rolling in over the hill and the amazing colours were so breathtaking, I had to get a shot. It's still one of my favorite prints.

Memories of the 80s -
Memories of the 80s Mousepad mousepad
Memories of the 80s Mousepad by PRPrints
Create mouse pads online at zazzle.com
- This one is one of the few not based on a photograph. It's a compilation of my favorite memories from the 1980s - and always brings me back to being a teenager and hanging out with my friends whenever I see it.

Happy Face -
Happy Face Stickers sticker
Happy Face Stickers by PRPrints
Shop all other custom sticker available on Zazzle.com
- This is one of the simplest of designs, but I thought he came out so cute, I couldn't resist posting him. I'm glad I did - he's one of my best sellers!

Pink Peony Postage -
Pink Peony Postage stamp
Pink Peony Postage by PRPrints
Shop all other custom postage on zazzle.com
- This is a closeup shot of a beautiful, bright pink peony, and has also become one of my best sellers. I just love the frilly texture and the bright, vibrant colours.

Practice Random Kindness - - This mousepad features a scene looking out across the Atlantic Ocean towards a small island discovered along a trail hike. The quote "Practice Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty" is one that touched me many years ago, and I think it's a wonderful message to be shared and treasured in times of chaos and confusion.

Do you have shops on other PODs?
No - Zazzle is my 1st & only POD
What other PODs do you use now or have you used in the past?
  • None
What are your feelings on...Clipart, Stock-photos, Public domain images, or other LEGAL to use free or paid images/photos...being used in zazzle shops?
I do not use it but if it helps other people they should use it - not everyone is an artist
List your shops using the following format:
http://www.zazzle.com/shopid - Shop Name - short description of shop *
http://www.zazzle.com/prprints - PR Prints - PR Prints offers scenic photography, inspirational messages, and humorous designs, featuring photographs taken around the beautiful and rugged island of Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada.



No comments:

Post a Comment