Sunday, July 11, 2010

elizdesigns

 
 
How did you pick your store(s) name(s)?
(feel free to write up each shop name if they each have a story) *

My main shop name is elizdesigns and when I picked it back in 2008 I then was going to design miscellaneous products. At that time the presidential campaign was full steam ahead, so I started designing products for political products: magnets, bumper stickers, pins...you name it I was adding products in a flurry. Then Christmas was coming up, so my design ideas were coming fast and furious. I started selling quite well for a new store (or gallery back then) and got hooked. From there as each holiday came near, I kept designing and adding and soon my store became very eclectic.

Being a freelance designer and photographer, I wanted to get my photography out there, so I opened up my 2nd shop: elizphotos. That name came about by just using eliz from my 1st store name and adding photos behind it. My real name elizabeth is just too long to type out all the time. I haven't added as many posters and products to this store because I'm not happy with the quality of my photos and with my current cameras. I've told Santa and the Birthday fairy about it, so hopefully I will get my DSLR soon. I do plan to add some "okay" photos in the near future. Floral photos and landscapes are my specialty and use them in my wedding products, which are selling like hotcakes. Which brings me to my NEWEST store that I just opened:

elizweddings - you'll notice the same naming similarities. Anyway, this store has only been open a few weeks and I already have sold quite a few items. Unbelievable when a store is that new, I thought. I love to create lovely Wedding products, especially using my photographs and playing around in PhotoShop to get the photos just right. So, hopefully when this store get going, I'll start another store with another specialty.

What forms of advertising do you use online? (check all that apply) *
  • Blogger/blogspot
  • Post in zazzles "ideas" forum
How much do you spend monthly on advertising? (include hosting fees domain fees) *
$0
What are your 5 favorite designs from your store(s) and why?
(include the url to the product pages)

One of my top-selling Wedding Invitations:



Wedding Save the Date that Zazzle picked for the Wedding front page:

A poster photograph I quickly took through the window when I woke up one morning in Door County Wisconsin on vacation:

My favorite close-up shot of one of my irises:


Best-selling baby photo binder:


Newly-created Bridal Shower invitation from my new store:

Do you have shops on other PODs?
Yes - but zazzle is my primary POD
What other PODs do you use now or have you used in the past?
  • Greeting Card Universe
What are your feelings on...Clipart, Stock-photos, Public domain images, or other LEGAL to use free or paid images/photos...being used in zazzle shops?
I use it as a foundation for my designs then change it, adjusting colors or adding to it with words backgrounds or other details
List your shops using the following format:
http://www.zazzle.com/shopid - Shop Name - short description of shop *
My main store, elizdesigns, is my main store with an eclectic array of designs from Wedding invitations, binders, t-shirts, shoes, stamps, greeting cards, mugs, etc.
http://www.zazzle.com/elizdesigns

My photography store, which is slowly being populated as I sift through digital shots to add in slow times.
http://www.zazzle.com/elizdphotos

My Wedding store, which is brand new for all things wedding. I am concentrating on this store to populate it quickly as weddings are what's on the minds of brides right now.
http://www.zazzle.com/elizweddings



No comments:

Post a Comment