Monday, September 12, 2011

ruralfrance

Store Name

*
ruralfrance
How has zazzle changed your life? *

It's given me a sense of purpose. Instead of taking photos and shutting them away in a cupboard for years, I can make something with them that others will enjoy or find useful. The natural world around me is a constant source of wonder, now I can share that with everyone.
It's given me a lot less time to do other things, luckily, photography is a hobby as well. It's also given me the chance to use the knowledge I've acquired in my working life (as I'm semi-retired now) and a new chance to experiment with graphics software. I love learning new things and dabbling in things I haven't tried before. Zazzle fits me perfectly!

Zazzle is a... *
  • Part Time Job
  • Addiction
What advice would you share with a friend or family member if they wanted to join zazzle? *
Create what you are interested in and knowledgeable about - hobbies, interests, life experiences - and then diversify.
Try to learn a little bit about graphics, layout & printing - it will help you no end.
Don't be afraid to ask on the forum, there is an immense amount of knowledge there. Definitely read through the existing posts, you'll probably find something you never even thought of asking! I read the forum posts from top to bottom when I first started.
Be prepared for hard work, don't expect results quickly and don't be discouraged if you don't!
What other PODs do you use? *
  • Zazzle
  • Other POD
What do you do when you are not zazzling? *
It's quite difficult to separate life from Zazzle, if I'm gardening, out and about, travelling, I'm always seeing something to take photos of. I even take my camera when I go shopping, just in case. I used to ride horses & motorbikes, play the guitar, and draw & paint, but there just aren't enough hours in the day! We still have animals though, so any spare time is looking after the land, catching escaped goats etc.
How many stores do you have on zazzle? *
2-4
Which do you prefer and why? 1 Mega Store or Several Niche Stores *
Both. I'd like to have just one store, but I wanted to keep main store as my own work (though I have started using filters and other software to diversify). My second store is based around vintage postcards, print, and old family photos. I like to think it keeps old photos alive.
I usually work... *
  • On my laptop at a desk
  • On my laptop on my lap
A List of your stores *

1 comment: