Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Susan's Zoo Crew

Store Name
*
Susan's Zoo Crew
How has zazzle changed your life? *
Zazzle has given me a place to showcase my art and photography on great products! Before the files were just languishing in my sketchbooks, hard drives, and on bookshelves. Now my pictures of all types (animals, music, floral, sunsets, beaches, etc!), my pencil drawings, my acrylic paintings, and my other flat craft items are displayed in one place for the whole world to see! I have a reason to take more pictures, paint more scenes, come up with new designs and art forms just so I can put them up on zazzle!
Zazzle is a... *
  • Hobby
  • Addiction
What advice would you share with a friend or family member if they wanted to join zazzle? *
Learn the ropes first. Decide how you want to organize your shop and start from the beginning with a system that makes sense from a shoppers point of view. Wasting your time moving products around means you aren't making any new designs! Decide on your categories and subcategories, make great folder images for them, and upload straight into them. It will make your life much easier!
What other PODs do you use? *
  • Zazzle
What do you do when you are not zazzling? *

I have a myriad of interests (most of which are featured on my main zazzle store). At any point in time, you may find me:
1. Practicing bass and/or guitar
2. Trimming/caring for my bonsai
3. Caring for/playing with my animals (I'm not Susan's Zoo Crew for nothing!)
4. Taking pictures for my photography portfolio
5. Writing something.......music lyrics, poems, stories.....
6. Reading a book (I have all of Stephen King's books except one!).
7. Watching a CSI episode (all 3 versions) or a fun movie
8. Painting (all mediums but oil), collages, sketching, smashing flowers, making homemade paper, making necklaces.....
9. Tending my hydroponic system (a work in progress, currently growing one tomatoe and 5 hot pepper plants).
10. Sleep. Ok, this happens once in a while :)

How many stores do you have on zazzle? *
5-10
Which do you prefer and why? 1 Mega Store or Several Niche Stores *
I have both a big mega store (the Susan's Zoo Crew) and several small specialty stores. The specialty stores are great for when I feel an idea is being buried in the big store. For instance, I had so many great hot pepper design ideas that I opened Pepper Paradise and am filling it up now. I also wanted to promote hydroponics so I gave that it's own store. I realized my music selection was outgrowing my main store so I opened Musician Events. I'm for doing it both ways :).
I usually work... *
  • On my laptop at a desk
  • On my laptop at work
  • On my laptop at the library
  • On my laptop at another public place
A List of your stores *

No comments:

Post a Comment