Saturday, March 23, 2013

Star Stream Design

You name or Shopid *
Star Stream Design
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • greeting card universe
  • other not listed
How long have you been working with PODs? *
3-4 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *
That I can make my own hours, be my own boss and make time for family and basically having an actual life. My success is a direct result of all the hard work I've put into various PODs over a nearly four year period. I love thinking about the people who purchase my products and wonder how they'll use them and where in the world they're going. I always get a special thrill, as do most other POD artists, when I get that "SOLD" email. I can get a royalty of only a few cents, yet I still smile seeing that special message.
How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
50-60 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

Look at trends and put your own spin on them. Don't copy what other artists are doing, but see how they're expressing themselves, the styles in which they create and the subject matter. The POD world will never be a get rich quick plan. It took me 2.5 months before I even made my first sale. Find your own niche and think outside the box. Put your artwork on appropriate products that fit well and have something to say. Try that crazy idea or silly saying. You never know what might attract customers. I've gotten so many ideas from clients who found my design but wanted it for another occasion than I had originally intended the art for. You may have another job or have to take care of another person full time, but try to find a few minutes in the day to create. The POD world can be frustrating but it can also be the best job you've ever had... I know it is mine.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • Yes, Formal - Graphic Arts
  • Yes, Formal - Art
  • Yes, Formal - web design
  • Yes, informal/community course - Graphic Arts
  • Yes, informal/community course - art
  • Yes other training/classes
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:


No comments:

Post a Comment